Fuitas - How do you do them?

Steve

I understand the concept, but when I watch the Ruck do them it just looks so effortless and it also looks like he's only clicking the fader once despite getting 2-clicks. I remember Ryan posting a vid that was the same - I could hear 2 clicks, but it just looked like he was clicking the fader once.

Anyone (i.e. Yoshi, lol) able to knock up a vid and break down this technique done slowly?

I *think* that fuitas are sort of just a myth. Not in the sense that they can't be done, but I don't think they really yield a higher potential speed for 2 clicks. Does anyone have a vid where Ruck is clearly switching fingers to do his 2 clicks? It always seemed to me like he was just pinching them.

Fuitas = pinched 2 click.

Right, but it's done by alternating between your middle and index fingers though (2 clicks each), which you wouldn't usually do.

Nah, it's NOT a twiddle. You don't alternate. It's just index finger.

IIRC in The Ever Fuitas were pretty much described not as a scratch but as a technique, whereby two of your fingers were just as good as each other for clicks so that you could use one then the other for even quicker clicks. My first post is incorrect in that respect, because it could just as easily be that you click with your middle and then immediately your forefinger; the important thing is that you can pinch with both fingers and not just do that lazy swiping the fader with a bunch of fat fingers thing that a bunch of people do with 2/3/4 finger crabs.

IIRC in The Ever Fuitas were pretty much described not as a scratch but as a technique, whereby two of your fingers were just as good as each other for clicks so that you could use one then the other for even quicker clicks. My first post is incorrect in that respect, because it could just as easily be that you click with your middle and then immediately your forefinger; the important thing is that you can pinch with both fingers and not just do that lazy swiping the fader with a bunch of fat fingers thing that a bunch of people do with 2/3/4 finger crabs.

I never use my middle finger though. And I still get a fuita.

Give me 30 minutes. I'll get a video up.

But that's my point, you can't really 'get a fuita' because there's not a sound to go with it, it's the technique involved. Right? :|

Mmm... I'd say fuita is a sound, while the technique involved in getting a fuita is the pinching method.

From The Ever:

Fuitas (Foo-Eat-Tas)>>>

This is a new fader style that enables you to get syncopated 2 click flares, and will easily double your speed on 2 click flares. This is a hybrid between true twiddles and 2 click flares. What you do is alternate your pointer to middle finger to get the actual fader hits, then you use your wrist or pincher method to 2 click with each finger. The advantage in speed and different syncopation(which doesnt have to be fast) is while you are 2 clicking with one finger, your other finger is already making its way to follow up the last 2 click again with another 2 click. With syncopation, you don't need to get a contious motion to 2 click, when you get it down good, each tap will be a 2 click. THis sxratch is basically a 4 click flare while using 2 fingers.

Right, but it's done by alternating between your middle and index fingers though (2 clicks each), which you wouldn't usually do.

It's not a twiddle, but it's not just the index finger either. The description from Asis says that you do 2 clicks with 1 finger, then 2 clicks with the other and you alternate between them, the idea being that you can do 2-click orbits faster that way than you could if you were using the same finger all the time.

I can find the exact description if you like, but I am 100% positive that that's what it is.

This is wrong. It's a style of alternating fader fingers. Pinches are pinches, fuitas are different. Someone on here probably has The Ever saved with the exact description/audio. I have it on one of my broken hard drives.

EDIT: too late, oops

Here you go: -

This is a new fader style that enables you to get syncopated 2 click flares, and will easily double your speed on 2 click flares. This is a hybrid between true twiddles and 2 click flares. What you do is alternate your pointer to middle finger to get the actual fader hits, then you use your wrist or pincher method to 2 click with each finger. The advantage in speed and different syncopation(which doesnt have to be fast) is while you are 2 clicking with one finger, your other finger is already making its way to follow up the last 2 click again with another 2 click. With syncopation, you don't need to get a contious motion to 2 click, when you get it down good, each tap will be a 2 click. THis sxratch is basically a 4 click flare while using 2 fingers.

A good way to get the motion itself down is to try to do a 2 click orbit flare, but do it by alternating fingers. Use the pionter finger for the forward 2 clicks, and middle finger for the reverse 2 clicks, and keep going. Once you get that motion down, you will begin to speed up and will know how to utilize the extra 2 clicks for more speed or more syncopation. If you listen ,you will notice that it is VERY difficult to get the same sound by using the regular 2 click motion. I almost have mine up to the point of where it sounds like controlled crabs, but still very hearable and patternized, not like a bunch of clicks. I feel I have not even got anywhere near the level of control, but I will keep posting new audio to this sxratch to show you the progression.

On the audio, I have put the record movement without the clicks, then I did the same record movement with the clicks so you can try to hear whats going on. It might sound like regular 2 click flares at first, but I ask you to try to 2 click that fast and in the same pattern, good luck. The reason it sounds clean and has an original pattern is because the 2 clicks on each finger are like marching, it isnt just using your wrist to 2 click fast, its using your wrist and tapping the fingers on the fader one after another. It's a totally different syncopation because the silent parts between the fingers alternating for one, and because the wrist isn't moving smoothly with one finger, so each 2 click is a quick and abrupt cut. Unlike a 2 click orbit, where it flows smoothly and balances the silent parts on both forward and backward motions. I do think this fader style has way more potential than this, but this just this is the beginning.

I'd have to disagree. Because what I do in fuitas does not fit the above description... I'm pretty sure Ricci doesn't alternate. Anyway, judge for yourself once you see my video (up in 15 minutes).

If what you do doesn't fit into that description, then you're probably not doing them. As far as I know that's the original description of fuitas.

You bitches ain't reading my knowledge bombs. I'm three steps ahead. I'm soaking up sunrays, getting samples and chopping them up then getting orchestras to record what i chopped up live then chopping that shit up then eating a bunch of burgers then losing a ton of weight then putting it all back on again and putting all my shit through a delay pedal and you bitches are just getting out of bed.

It's hard to tell if he's doing it cos it's so fast. I was asking based on the technique he wrote about in The Ever (the full text is quoted above in post 15), which he may or may not be doing in that vid cos I can't tell, lol.