Site updated - Report any bugs here

Steve

The site has been updated. The bugs that I'm aware of so far: -

The CleanCut skin does not work - I've disabled it for now

The Shoutbox doesn't work - I'm looking into it

The reputation system - This borks the whole forum so I've disabled it, although nobody used it seriously anyway

If you find any other bugs, post them here.

Also, regarding the general look and functionality of the site, some people will no doubt complain just because it's changed, but this version of the forum offers functionality that the previous version did not have, so it's a definite positive. This is a major upgrade, not a minor incremental upgrade, so there will be some teething troubles and bugs but they will get worked out given time.

If for some reason the CleanCut skin option (now under "Change Theme" at the bottom of the board) is still there for you, if you select it, it will fuck up the site (for you personally) and you will lose the option to be able to change to a different theme. If this happens, just press back in your browser and select the standard skin. If you don't do that, you'll be stuck, so be warned! You shouldn't see the option to select CleanCut though, but I'm only saying this just in case.

• Like 1

Haha, well I would say don't hold your breath where the shoutbox is concerned, but I'm on the case and trying to fix all the bugs so if something isn't working, it's either because I don't know about it or haven't yet found the fix.

CleanCut is not compatible with this forum now, so I've removed it. They may make a new version, in which case I'll install it.

I installed the new version of the Shoutbox, but when it's running, the "Post" button doesn't work on the forums for some reason so nobody can reply to a thread or start a new topic. I'm looking into that, but it should hopefully be a quick and easy fix. I've had to disable it in the mean time.

I've enabled a different rep system which gives you a "Like this" box on each post that you can click.

I'm looking into increasing the number of recent topics shown on the main page. The method I used previously no longer works on this version of the site, but that should also be just a matter of editing a file.

Other than that, things are looking OK!

This is a lot better in my opinion! Although we need an evil skin/ theme option as this is a bit too much like mumsnet! Functionality wise this is responding a lot quicker for me it's now proper quick for me for some reason! Cheers Steve!

Good work Steve. I much prefer this version. It's a lot faster for me too. The only bug I've come across so far is that the signature links don't seem to be styled (or is that just how they look in this theme?)

The Shoutbox appears to work as intended only when it's at the top of the forums, so if you're wondering why it's there - well, that's why. I'm still looking into how to fix it so we can put it back at the bottom, but at least it works and people can chat when it's at the top.

I'm also looking into increasing the number of recent topics displayed at the side.

If you can think of anything else that needs sorting, post it here, otherwise I think that's it.

I'm out for the afternoon, so if the site dies for some reason I won't be able to look into it until early evening.

OK, everything is sorted! Shoutbox back up and running and at the bottom. Recent topics increased to 20. Soren's working on a new site logo. It's all good. Now if only the hosting wasn't so shite, the site might actually be usable, lol.

The only bug I've come across so far is that the signature links don't seem to be styled (or is that just how they look in this theme?)

I think it's just how they look mate. They do look a bit crap though! I'll look into it, but I don't know if I'll be able to change it.

I've found a proper bug, or something which is annoying me anyway.

The mobile them for the site doesn't trigger automatcally when I use the site form my mobile but I can select the mobile theme at the bottom. Clicking "Use Mobile Version" doesn't work though. Once I select mobile then my whole account goes to mobile from any computer so I have to change it for each device.

The mobile them for the site doesn't trigger automatcally when I use the site form my mobile but I can select the mobile theme at the bottom. Clicking "Use Mobile Version" doesn't work though.

Yep, I can confirm this. I'm looking into it.

Once I select mobile then my whole account goes to mobile from any computer so I have to change it for each device.

That is strange, because it should work via cookies and they're stored locally. I can't reproduce this myself. If I select the IP.Board Mobile skin on my phone, it doesn't affect my browsing experience on the PC. I will look into it though.

I've found a bug with the calendar that prevents birthdays displaying at the bottom of the forum. They still display if you click on the calendar tab at the top of the forum and look at the calendar itself.

Just thought I'd mention it in case any "Happy birthday!" threads are missed. It's not cos we hate you! (It is really.)

This will be fixed in the next forum update.

The Android bug is now fixed, at least, on my phone when I visit the site it now defaults to the mobile version. If it doesn't for you, clear the browser cache on your phone and log out and back in and it should work from then on.

Birthdays are now hooked and should display at the bottom of the forum, so that's hopefully fixed as well. We'll find out tomorrow. EDIT - It works! Although they display above the list of recent topics on the right. I might move that, but at least it works now.