Super Scratch Sunday Special, 5th episode - Luton edition

Jimmy

you know the drill by now folks. we talk about it abit in this thread, Soren makes a cool poster to boost our egos. and then afterwards there is no proof it even happened.

thats how we roll.

deets are:

17th July, Midday kick off.

location: Luton train station (then onto eriks school of djing)

so far in:

Erik

Cambian

Dooban

Soren

Motek

anymore for anymore?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, if I host this on meetup.com to see if we can get any more randomers would you be happy? Being that it's at your joint etc

I just checked out the site... while I think it's a kool idea to maybe attract a few new faces, I'm scared that there'll be a random bunch of noobs at the door.

Plus being at my work, I'd like to think we (as a group) would know everybody present in some way.

I don't want some crack head saying he's going to the toilet and stealing my kettle nahmeen :-)

Are there any other good scratch forums we could post on where the peeps in cool mofo's like us?

i agree with Eric, as much as i'd be cool to get more people involved, we need to be careful. again if it was round mine i wouldnt want a load of people i dont kno/ never spoken to wandering around eyeing things up.

if it was in a bar, that'd be different, but while its in our own personal space. meetup.com is probly too broad.

EDIT: on a bit of tangent, whats the sort of figure ur hoping to achieve here doob? we've spoke about this briefly before. SSS works well cos its not too busy and we all get a go and talk shit. if it ever got big enough to take to a bar, then that'd be wicked. but then if we did do that, and no one turns up, we'll look like cunts and probly wont be able to host it in the same bar.

for my flat and the 3mixer/3deck combo, i think 15 is about the limit without it being too busy aka not getting enough time on decks

10-12 would be about the limit at mine I guess. It isn't a big room.

I've invited a few locals and a few guys from 'back in the day', but it's not looking good on that front.

IMO, even half a dozen is kool if practice gets intense and the Q&A's flow nicely.

For me, the most important key points to a successful get together are listed below:

1) Individuals are nice people

2) Can do the basics and are at least ready to learn new concepts and ideas.

3) Can count bars! lol

I've got about 4 1210's, my TTX1 (the other one died) two 06 pros, one 05pro, stanton SK8 and a super sharp dxm01 somewhere!

I'll set up 4 decks with 4 mixers. I've got 2gb of loopers too so if anyone wants to take a copy of my collection, bring a memory drive or pen :-)

Only things required might be some shure carts. I've got everything else...I hope!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

just realised im busy that day djing at a castle. so i cant even be there via the web, which probably would have been shite anyway!

im movin down south soon though, so ill be up for future sss's