What is Drill exactly?

ccube

I know this is gonna be a silly question, but well, I really need the answer for it.

How is drill done exactly? Some says its a fast bay x2, some says it's a slice+forward stab, some says it's baby without the second backward stroke (forward, backward, forward) + a forward stab.

Which one above is correct?

Also, is Jackhammer = drill + OG flare?

Any help or comment would be appreciated. TTM would be helpful!

isn't a drill the one where you put one finger on the record and tense your forearm until your finger shakes the record really fast?

i've never heard of a jackhammer, but i'm not sure it's possible to do a drill + OG flare, you'd need to be pretty fast to get all the clicks in.

what's ttm?

what's a fast bay x2?

if you do a baby scratch without a second back, wouldn't you keep moving forward until you knock the tonearm off the record?

isn't a drill the one where you put one finger on the record and tense your forearm until your finger shakes the record really fast?

i've never heard of a jackhammer, but i'm not sure it's possible to do a drill + OG flare, you'd need to be pretty fast to get all the clicks in.

thats what i thought a drill was aswell.

in regards to a jackhammer, im not sure what they are, but its possible to drill and get a fair few clicks in, i do it all the time

Can you do Qberts version of autobahns or delayed flares? They're the kind of quick baby with a slice movement** on the fader you do at the start of those scratches. Hard to explain without showing really. But yeah, that is what jack hammers are, drill before OG flare. the fader is a ghost click and doesn't really do any thing but allows you to repeat the scratch nicely.

**start closed, open, then close again

A drill or drill motor is a tool fitted with a cutting tool attachment or driving tool attachment, usually a drill bit or driver bit, used for drilling holes in various materials or fastening various materials together with the use of fasteners. The attachment is gripped by a chuck at one end of the drill and rotated while pressed against the target material. The tip, and sometimes edges, of the cutting tool does the work of cutting into the target material. This may be slicing off thin shavings (twist drills or auger bits), grinding off small particles (oil drilling), crushing and removing pieces of the workpiece (SDS masonry drill), countersinking, counterboring, or other operations.

Drills are commonly used in woodworking, metalworking, construction and do-it-yourself projects. Specially designed drills are also used in medicine, space missions and other applications.

• Like 1

i think drills are like short babies... like a baby then u close it then do another baby.. the tensing thing that everyones on about are uzi's

edit: jus checked on qsu and drills are fast military scratches

military scratches are basically just combinations of forwards and babies. so you could do one or two forwards then a baby then repeat

x2k, Very helpful information indeed. I like metal lol.

Well, I thought the vibrating arm thing is scribble, but if it is drill then I will take it.

What I truly want to know is the first part of the jackhammer. Is it 3 sounds or 4 sounds? I got what Dooban says, cuz that is what I do. But it does not sound like what Rafik does in the video.

x2k, Very helpful information indeed. I like metal lol.

Well, I thought the vibrating arm thing is scribble, but if it is drill then I will take it.

What I truly want to know is the first part of the jackhammer. Is it 3 sounds or 4 sounds? I got what Dooban says, cuz that is what I do. But it does not sound like what Rafik does in the video.

Haha, I know the feeling.

Ask Erikuk, I think he does them

Mumm...

I thought I was the only one who don't know what drill is... Perhaps someone should make a new scratch dictionary lol.

Scratchlopedia is getting old and needs some update!

just don let qbert do it, it would be all hamstered out again with shitty vestax line out shit quality