S120 Battle Videos

Chris

CAn;t belive the competition being judged on who can whore themselves the best over the netz

It's not just that - that's just one part of the overall vote.

The thing to remember that this is a promotional battle. It's all about getting the public involved and raising the brand profile for Ortofon, Henley and the S-120 cart.

Seems to me they haven't really integrated the page with the vids into the rest of the site very well at all. doesn't promote the products much IMO

Guest loop skywalker

i liked clix as an allround good set.

Jon scratching is immense..but you need to work on juggling or something else to break it up...if it was cutting alone

youd smack this hands down.

i liked clix as an allround good set.

Jon scratching is immense..but you need to work on juggling or something else to break it up...if it was cutting alone

youd smack this hands down.

Thanks man! like i said earlier in this thread i had to skip most of my juggle because the tracking of the provided needles was all over the place and the cue marks on my records no longer made sense. I def need to work on juggling though- thanks for the crit-really appriciated :)

• 4 weeks later...

Results!

1st-Clix-10 points

2nd-Jon 1st- 6 points

3rd-Johnny 1Move- 5points

4th=-Dr Weevil- 3 points

4th=-Wax:On-3 points

6th-P-Nuts- 2 points

7th-Winston Maybe- 0 points

This is what each DJ thought of the competitors...

Asian Hawk

3 points: Clix, 2 points: Johnny 1Move, 1 point: Jon 1st / P-Nuts

Mighty Atom

3 points : Clix, 2 points: P-Nuts, 1 point: Jon 1st

Clever Munky

3 points: Johnny 1Move, 2 points: Clix, 1 point: Jon 1st / P-Nuts

Henley Pro

Henley Designs' MD, Laurence Armstrong, was also on the voting panel, basing his interpretation on audience engagement...

3 points: Dr Weevil , 2points: Wax:On, 1 point: P-Nuts

Well done Clix!

I'd love any more constructive for my set if anyone has any. All about improving :)

How the feck did the voting work for this? I can't work it out based on Jon's post. Clix got 8 points from the judges, but above that it says he's got 10. Unless the public vote is already added in, but Jon's next post implies that it's not as Clix's score goes up to 12 then.

How the feck did the voting work for this? I can't work it out based on Jon's post. Clix got 8 points from the judges, but above that it says he's got 10. Unless the public vote is already added in, but Jon's next post implies that it's not as Clix's score goes up to 12 then.

There are errors in the adding up but it doesn't affect the winner:

http://henleypro.co.uk/content.asp?ContentID=438

I make it

Clix: 10

Jon: 6

J1M: 5

P-Nuts: 5

Weevil: 3

Wax: 2

Winston (whoever that is): 0

so it's mainly P-nuts who got stiffed!

I also don't agree with being able to put two people joint third, it's top three, not top four... but that's by the by.

Wax got 3 points, but otherwise, that's right. There wasn't 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes was there?

I agree with you on the voting. Each judge should be giving out 6 points, but some gave out 7. The same shit happens in the DMC. I remember Plus One putting about 5 or 6 DJs in his "top 3" one year.

Wax got 3 points, but otherwise, that's right. There wasn't 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes was there?

I agree with you on the voting. Each judge should be giving out 6 points, but some gave out 7. The same shit happens in the DMC. I remember Plus One putting about 5 or 6 DJs in his "top 3" one year.

They gave me an extra point cos i reminded them of Jean Claude Van Damme

so it's mainly P-nuts who got stiffed!

Fixed.....

Hi Steve,

Spot on, thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I need a holiday…

http://henleypro.co.uk/content.asp?ContentID=438

Thanks,

Simon

Best Regards

Simon Powell

Pro Product & Event Manager

Henley Designs Ltd.

Tel: 01235 511 166

Web: www.henleypro.co.uk

Twitter: @HenleyPro

YouTube: Henley Pro

I'd love any more constructive for my set if anyone has any. All about improving :)

-scratching ahh over a beat doesn't make a good scratch routine

-mark your records at the needle instead of at 12 if you want your marks to still make sense on diff setups

-practice some basic juggle patterns cuz your foundation is just clearly weak regardless of markings being off, like you should be able to chase 2 records with your eyes closed and need no marks

-your cuts were dope at the start and I like them for a battle style too but like I said it needs some composition, it just seems like a freestyle, and anyone who comes with a remotely well composed routine is gonna win over a freestyle 9/10 times

-scratching ahh over a beat doesn't make a good scratch routine

-mark your records at the needle instead of at 12 if you want your marks to still make sense on diff setups

-practice some basic juggle patterns cuz your foundation is just clearly weak regardless of markings being off, like you should be able to chase 2 records with your eyes closed and need no marks

-your cuts were dope at the start and I like them for a battle style too but like I said it needs some composition, it just seems like a freestyle, and anyone who comes with a remotely well composed routine is gonna win over a freestyle 9/10 times

Thanks man, all noted :)