UK DMC Results

mighty atom

FUCK A NEEDLE SKIP. That's all I gotta say about my performances tonight. Needles flying all over the place. Had a blast though. Just a shame that my first routine on the video is going to be utter shite, especially after all the work I've put in this month. I lost out to Rasp in quarter finals but beat two peeps in eliminations. I'll post up clean versions of the two juggles i performed across the night at the weekend so you can all see them without all the skipery.

Thanks to team Deeveee for showing love :)

And super shout outs to Mike L and J1M, you guys killed it.

just got back .............. another fun night at DMC's ! had a proper good time, nice to see DV representing hard ... as usual was too pissed by the later stages so cant really commment, but pretty sur it was some combination of those that made it in the top three. some of jeppa's stuff was well manic and could not actually believe someone could move that quickly in such a controlled way - like it looked frantic, but sounded spot on !?!? J1M came with the rediculous ampidextrous cuts (and has an amazingly tolerant girlfriend) and Mike L is a beast on the cut (nice to link ;-P ). Also big up to disect-a-cut (?!?) who won supremacy, i've never seen somone so chuffed (and his crew) and it was a bit fairy tale for him how he come outa no where and ripped it up. Downlow had a major following and probably would have took the title if it was based on crowd chanting. Jon had some pretty unlucky skips, so did Loop who had to pause at a point where he'd just done a sick drop and everyone was bouncing. Dj Rasp played a very clean set of routines and perhaps should have taken it for being consistent. Dr Weevil has to be the nicest bloke in the battle scene ..............

....... MR Thing - top bloke , Big Ted - super softy - both legends and personal heros of mine.,,,,,,

...... just totally been schooled on Islam by a dodgy taxi driver ......

.... schmoke then bed ...

Hey Guys – real good to meet some of you last night and thanks for the words of encouragement.

Jonny had a really tight set- I wish mine had all sounded as on point as that. I didn't catch Rasp because I was still in a daze because of how my set ended. Sinical said Rasp sounded good though.

I'm really disappointed to be honest – not with the result but with how the last 50 seconds of my set sounded. After watching the video the first 5mins seem pretty tight –( the DVD will highlight the subtler mistakes though im sure) The routine at the end works with 2 tones on each record with the tones hard panned left and right , and I play the drums through the mic channel– unfortunately the wires in the decks at the Technics dmc weren't correct i.e. the red wire was playing the left channel and the white wire was playing the right. Not good when you've practised your routine a million times with the decks wired correctly ! After I started ,I had to try and do my pan switches in the opposite direction – but I ended up messing up the chord progression because I wasn't used to doing it that way. To add to this the sound man assured me the sound was in mono but in the club it was actually in stereo which made it sound even weirder for the audience (on stage was mono though ) It would have been nice to have a good set recorded for the DVD but nevermind. I'll post up a video of that last routine soon, after I've gone through my practice tapes.

It was really good to meet some of you DV guys in person. Shout out to Jon1st, Kutclass, and Doppelkorn (whose much taller than his avatar suggests!) and Jonny1Move.

Props to J1M, Mike L, Jon and disec-a-cut who I met briefly on friday as he is from brighton and was at the format vs mr thing night where mr thing tore every dj ive ever heard a new hoop! Wish I could have been at the finals this year might actually have to purchase the dvds this year! well done folks!

Congrads Johnny1! Congrads Jon too on just making it to that level of competition!

It would be tight to have DV heads wear DV shirts in comp (if they wanted to)... I would for sure help pay for that--wouldn't want the DJs to have to pay for it... anything ever come of the stickers or is that for the world finals?

Congrads Johnny1! Congrads Jon too on just making it to that level of competition!

It would be tight to have DV heads wear DV shirts in comp (if they wanted to)... I would for sure help pay for that--wouldn't want the DJs to have to pay for it... anything ever come of the stickers or is that for the world finals?

In the sticker thread I'm trying to get people to confirm what they want on them. It's not my site so I can't take responsibility for what's on them, it should be a group decision :)