What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

• 4 months later...
Guest Symatic

nice steve :) adam brought me back a Stokyo 7" scratch record and a copy of the Low End Theory special record they did for their festival thing.

its really good, except 2 sides are taken up with serato tone :( but at least the other two sides are on different pieces of vinyl so you can really get the most ouut of em. you get 3 tracks and a nocando acapella plus dstyles skipless scratch sentences on each side :) it's exactly the sort of release i've been wanting to work towards, great tunes but in a format thats functional for DJ's. like how ninja tune used to do scratch sentences on their singles....

• Like 1

michel legrand: themes and variations , electro 15 , masters of illusion:partnas confused and another combinations o the masterbaters all from rekkid stall at skratch BBQ...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that's what I thought back when it first came out.

When Supreme got heavily into scratching and hooked up with Undercover, The Turntable Trixters was the name of their crew. Supreme wasn't really interested in creating a hip-hop group with an MC, but Undercover convinced him that having an MC as a kind of hype man would be a good idea, and Hijack came about through that.

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

just bagged a couple of Vestax tone records :) been wanting them for ages.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 1

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Are those good? I've wanted those for a long time too. I should have bought all those records and the Teeko record back when I could but I didn't have a C1 yet. Gotta start thinking ahead.

Guest Symatic

Im waitin on mine in the post but ive played on em before.... They have real nice fat sounds on em, although theyre not lock-groove but its not a problem.

I kinda bought em for the sake of it but ill be happy i have them once my pdx is upgraded with midi :)

Are those good? I've wanted those for a long time too. I should have bought all those records and the Teeko record back when I could but I didn't have a C1 yet. Gotta start thinking ahead.

The Vestax Melody Records are nice. I mostly use them with a reverb and delay.

The Teeko C1-Record is nice as well. Gizmo bought one to sell it later as I recall. Hit him up. Maybee he'll sell it...

I'd seen it before, but only via a really shitty rip that used to be on Google Video. It's basically a history of Hijack, told through interviews with various people, including Qbert, Ice-T, Babu and loads more.

Oh, I'd like to get my hands on that really shitty rip

Edited by Kasbe

My friend went to NYC and saw Dan the Automator's new project "Got a Girl". He bought me the album on vinyl. Pretty tight. Logical progression of his sound. Real loungy. I'd give it a 4.5/5 very good but pretty chill almost to a fault.

The chick is actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead which is pretty random. Apparently she worked on one of the Deltron albums tho so guess that makes sense. Wiki

An important side note, they sell a fragrance and will soon be selling a branded Got a Girl wine, bubble bath and olive oil.

http://got-a-girl.com/

https://youtu.be/_lKh8OoMPjU

• Like 1

When Supreme got heavily into scratching and hooked up with Undercover, The Turntable Trixters was the name of their crew. Supreme wasn't really interested in creating a hip-hop group with an MC, but Undercover convinced him that having an MC as a kind of hype man would be a good idea, and Hijack came about through that.

Even the Ruck is featured in that DVD (Mindray-approved)

The Vestax Melody Records are nice. I mostly use them with a reverb and delay.

The Teeko C1-Record is nice as well. Gizmo bought one to sell it later as I recall. Hit him up. Maybee he'll sell it...

Thanks for the lead. I've reached out to the man.

Guest petesasqwax

Even the Ruck is featured in that DVD (Mindray-approved)

That should be some kind of globally recognised stamp like the registered trademark symbol or some shit :d