How many people here still scratch?

Jon

I still scratch a couple minutes a week. I just do it to relax mainly. I stopped trying to learn new techniques because I just dont have the patience to learn all these crazy advanced scratches that people are doing now-a-days. I can't imagine i'll ever stop, but im just not as ambitious about my skill level as I was when I started.

Every day. It goes with my job really, but I still would even if I didn't do skratchworx. I've only ever done it for me and will probably continue to do so until my hands are gnarly claws from years of typing. I'm not at a level where I'm happy, but then again I probably never will be. I just love the crap out of scratching.

i flip between scratch phases and production phases . At the moment i'm in scratch phase so doin a couple hours during the week and then a couple hours each morning over the weekend. Enjoying scratching again since been nailing mirror patterns, although soon enough they'll be the only cut i do and i get bored of hearing the same thing over n over again, then flip back to doing some more production (starting to get the hang of protools now ! ) .... all the time i know that it a watse of time since i'm doing nothing with it - so i guess its just for relaxing / hobby ... have kinda been thinking about having a go a getting some gigs , but reality is that i haven;t mixed for ages .... would be wicked to do some DJ'ing for mc's again but reality and lack of time are a serious issue.

I've just had a ganders at the very first DV posts (on this version of the forum) and I'd kind of forgotten how popular the forum was 6 years ago and how excited everyone was about new techniques, internet beef, the battle scene, the developing musical side of the scene etc. How many people here still scratch? If you do do you still train regularly wanting to progress your skills or it just a form of relaxation for you now?

jon, you've just scratching in perspective for me just now. i remember being so excited and interested in scratching back in the day of the old skin. i thought scratching would be my first priority in music. now i only find myself scratching 1-2 hours a week and i only really feel like scratching when im blazed. i still like to listen to new people and scratches, in fact when i hear scratching today i'm really feeling the styles and technical shit.

i still fucking love scratching

dont know what i'd do without it although

i have got into mixing a lot more lately.

i'm using mixing as something to put

in between scratches lol

mixing has got me away from the tech scratching

and given me my funk back and that feels

grand.. all hail skwyzzratchin..chin..chin

i rememebr when i first startted was doing i everyday for like 6 hourst. then it came to a screaching hault. last summer i picked bakc up again. cuttin about an hour everyday. just to keep my cuts tite. i feel like i worked to hard to just stop all together. May as well get iller....

i scratch regularly but i gave up all hope a long time ago of ever becoming even remotely good. now i just scratch for fun. i can't be bothered stressing myself trying to learn those complicated scratches. transforming and crabs. i'm happy. i try to incorporate some wonky scratches into some of my tunes. luckily i don't need to be super technical to pull off the sound i'm after.