what's your fave beat juggle and why

Jon

There are some Total Eclipse ones I love, and I think the xmen Gangstarr juggle is sick, but my fav is Babu's Blind Alley Routine.

^^Good call. He blew my mind the first time I saw him juggle!

A lesser known Japanese DJ that I always thought was sick on the juggle was Akakabe... Its kinda old school juggle style but I think really sick still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-joHHhWxTCQ&feature=related

Guest loop skywalker

ive always lied swift rocks usa finals routine...cant remember the year 98 or 99...also troubl prefuse...or any of pro zeikos stuff

akakabe beat me in the first round of the DMC supremacy in 2004. it was so shit ending up against him first...

total eclipse to get yer funk down obviously,

i seriously think for a modern beat jugglin, the best was J Bounce from lordz of fitness, ....

i certainly can't think of anyine in the last 4-5 years... even netiks juggles got worse, although back in 2003 he was a fuckin beast...

troubls prefuse is obviously one of the best ever...

was it boogie blind or precision that did the Whole World Outkast routine? i fuckin love that..

both have similar styles, bit messy and attacky, but some great ideas and technique...

watch this routine

JBounce DMC 2003

all juggles no skratchin really... great build ups and structure to them... the needle droppin in the ludacris, everything, he really gets the best melody out of a juggle too rather than just complicating up the drums like most...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGVYqxrZx_k

Question:

I'm learning to juggle a bit and I'm not very good but that's by the by. What I really wanted to know is how do you juggle with Serato or Traktor? AFAIK you need marks on the record for the various points (unless you're very good) so how do you mark a timecoded vinyl if the sound comes in on a different point each time or have I misunderstood how it works?

Question:

I'm learning to juggle a bit and I'm not very good but that's by the by. What I really wanted to know is how do you juggle with Serato or Traktor? AFAIK you need marks on the record for the various points (unless you're very good) so how do you mark a timecoded vinyl if the sound comes in on a different point each time or have I misunderstood how it works?

more plugless shaming

http://www.x2k.co.uk/2008/05/01/juggling-with-serato-scratchlive/

Guest broke

After you get one bar loops down, learn the 1-2 pattern described by Rob Swift in the Shure Turntablism 101 video. Once you work that out, everything else will start to make more sense.