The perfect album

texas pete

At Filmore East by The Allman Brothers never done got a skip yet.

Midnight Marauders

The first album by A Perfect Circle, can't remember the name, don't like it anymore anyway.

Deep Water Slang v2.0

Illmatic

Discovery

There are more, that's just all I can think of at the top of my head at the mo.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

enigma mcmxc

I'm sure u r joking but I seriously love that album... it used to be my makeout album in highschool!

The soundtrack to 'Where the wild things are' and 'Ghostdog'

i do like a good soundtrack and both of these are great Karen O does the 'Where the' and as everyone knows The Rza did 'Ghostdog'

If you are talking about the Japanese "score" release of the Ghostdog soundtrack (the REAL one) then agree 100%

The US/international release with just a bunch of rap songs in utter shit.

yeah the first funkadelic for me too.

first cymande LP

and i like every single track on gil scott heron - pieces of a man. no skips

and hugh mundell - africa must be free...

as for hip hop.. hmmm

Artifacts - Between a rock and a hard place rarely get skips

enter the wu tang also

So many Wu Tang gems for sure, but I've never listened to an album either from a solo member or their collective albums from start to finish more than once...it's always hit and miss...maybe 36 Chambers, but even then I'd have to sit down and physically prevent myself from dragging my cursor over the "Skip" button.

Wu solo-Wise i reckon Liquid Swords is probably the most solid. Heavy Mental by Killah Priest is pretty solid from what i remember, not listened to it for aaaages though.

Enta Da Stage by Black Moon is underrated i reckon

I think Nigga Please is one of the top Wu solos and one of the most overlooked albums of all time IMO. Except for Got ya money which was pretty big. also one of the first albums I ever bought.

shifting tides by 2tall...one of my all time favourite albums

then probably every album by bonobo

wu - 36 chambers as well as method man's first solo album

i'd definitely join in on the shinin by smiff n wessun

also probably the storm by ogc...rarely got a skip from me

perhaps also fugee-la...

l'ecole du micro d'argent by iam - phenomenal album

there are quite a few out there...but i'd say one of the few albums that i can still listen to without wanting to miss a single track would be 2tizzas album...fell in love with it from day one.

I could listen to All Eyes on Me all the way thru... and it's a double disc... But I know a lot of you homos don't like Pac.

cypress hill - black sunday

Beastie boys - Pauls boutique

pretty much the first albums i got and got listened to hardcore on loop

ohh and Camel Bobsled Race

maybe EPMD business as usual, but dont think i could actually listen to it all the way through anymore

True but how are you telling me that people in the late 80s liked slurred up raps over boring muddy beats? To be fair I've never listened to a whole album :) but the hits are not enought to make me want to

True but how are you telling me that people in the late 80s liked slurred up raps over boring muddy beats? To be fair I've never listened to a whole album :) but the hits are not enought to make me want to

Its because they start rhymes better than anyone in the world. 'M.C.s out there you better stand clear EPMD is a world premiere'.

enigma mcmxc

I'm sure u r joking but I seriously love that album... it used to be my makeout album in highschool!

nah man...im serious...

its one album that i thinks a masterpiece from start to finish....however cheesey / contrived it might be, i think its amazing....excellently themed - works as one whole - clever shit.

Its because they start rhymes better than anyone in the world. 'M.C.s out there you better stand clear EPMD is a world premiere'.

Erick and Parrish Mumbling Dross. I get what you're saying but the delivery is boring as. Like in that line he goes "MCs out theiiiire (awkward 1 and a half beat pause), you better stand clear (another weird beat) EPMD is a world premiere", so the line loses its flow.

The opener that always struck me as the best in rap ever (kind of cheesy I know) is Changes by Tupac. I think the fact that it starts with "and" makes it good. "And still I see no changes, I wake up in the morning and I ask myself: is life worth living should I blast myself?" I'm not even that big a fan of the song or artist but wow.

EPMD are meant to be proper golden age and that's probs my favourite era but I don't actually dig a lot of the typical golden age stuff like juice crew, EPMD, special ed, Jungle Bros...there must be more.