X fader lube

there's a uk place on ebay that sell the Caig lube, its now called deoxit rather than calilube...

if i find it i'll post a link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Caig-Deoxit-Fader-Lube-25ml-needle-drop-bottle-100_W0QQitemZ380087103919QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item587ef4f1af&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

its £35 quid tho... jesusfuck

I got some hair clipper oil at home. Does it work well? I would've thought it would clog a lot at the end of the rails?

I've been using a tiny drop of duck oil which does seem to work but gets a bit sticky after a while.

I been using clipper oil for years, works wonders. only put it on the rails though, not on the tracks (use caig lube for the tracks)! Also use it sparingly, you only need a tiny amount.

What a rail vs track? I thought it was the same. (n00b)

The rail is just the metal bar which the fader moves along, no electrical signal passes through it. By track (maybe the wrong work) I mean the stips of carbon/conductive plastic which the brushes move along, a current passes through these so sticking any old lubricant on there isn't a good idea, this only applies to contract faders though, if you have a rane fader/innofader/focus fader/etc then there are no moving electrical contacts.