Any of you guys using Ableton yet?

$a!n+

I'm pretty much all the way switched over. I still use logic from time to time but less and less. I still have my tables set up but they pretty much collect dust. With the exception for a quick cut or to pull a sample off. Anybosy made a switch over to a controller based set up rather than a turntable based set up?

I still have that left over instinct to juggle and scratch that I can't get my fix for now a days though.

I've slowly moving towards Ableton and away from my MPC, but not totally yet. Still don't feel it for DJing tho.

Ableton is where I'm going soon for the live aspect, I don't think I'll ever use if for production because I just simply don't like the way it does it, I'm so used to cubase now and at the moment cubase 5 is so far ahead of the game (I'm sure it won't last long though haha) and I just love using it.

Ableton is definitely my playing out future, I'll be ordering an APC40 in the next couple of months and start building stuff up for the live performaces and as far as I'm concerned it rules in that area but I just can be arse with using it do make tunes. I suppose its a bit like fruity loops to me, I know it's powerful, I know it got all the features and I know it's aimed to make life easier but I just cannot get on with it at all in that way.

i only use ableton, apart from cool edit for audio editor. i really like the recording on it too, but i never used cubase or anything before.

i'm still on 5 btw but i would REALLY like to check the full version of ableton 8, with the build in instruments and that looper thing etc!

i'm happy with sl1 for djing out, and sl3 looks like it may deliver some serious functionality, provided it can maintain previous stability. now you have the 6 loop banks with pitch and vol control that'sw more than enough to keep me busy for a while.

I wouldn't DJ in a bar with it but if I was to do a showcase I'd definitely consider it as an option. I've used it a lot with Button Basher to construct sets but in the past we've just bounced down our arrangements to play them in serato so we can focus on playing our lead parts. I use it on my own a lot for time stretching because it's so instant. I've not updated to Ableton Live 8 yet but the new warp functions are mint.

^^JUDAS! U HAVE SERATO NOW!!??

...maybe I knew that but it surprises me every time.

I finally think I got Ableton sorted on the recording into it... had to change some setting on my soundcard--basically one way for using it normal and switch it to record in. I redid the way I had my audio running thru my mixer which turns out might not have been nessecary, but it's done now and I'm not redoing it.