BOARD UPDATE!

Steve

The site's been upgraded to Invision Power Board 3, which is why it currently looks like this. Things have moved about a bit too.

It seems that the old skins aren't compatible with this version of the board, so you'll have to put up with it looking like this until we get hold of some new ones (shouldn't take long). There are some new features too, such as the reputation system. Also, PMs have now changed to private conversations, so instead of sending messages back and forth, you can have your own private threads with other people.

I know some people will moan, but the same happened when we upgraded last time. Keeping the board up to date means it's more secure, and it also brings new features and bug fixes. You'll soon get used to it. :d

Nice! I like the new update! Some other boards I'm on just went to this style.

I esp like the new quote! FLOL!

EDIT: I just wish there was still a "view new messages" ...mostly for phone browsing.

EDIT: I see it now.

Nice! I like the new update! Some other boards I'm on just went to this style.

EDIT: I just wish there was still a "view new messages" ...mostly for phone browsing.

EDIT: I see it now.

where is it?

I'm rebuilding all of the posts which should fix the quote problems (assuming that's what you mean) with posts made before the update, but there's nearly a quarter of a million posts and they're processed in batches of 50 at a time, so it could take a while. lol.

EDIT - Done.

I should move the lounge over to this as well. It's a good landmark point to merge the forum into skratchworx rather than having it separate.

If I have to start over with the skin from scratch, I may as well do it properly.

The shoutbox is a possibility if we can find one that's compatible with Invision Power Board 3.0. Also, the people at ExtremePixels (who made the skins we used on the old board) are in the process of updating the skins one at a time so that they work with IPB 3.0. The 3 that they've converted aren't that nice IMO, so I'd rather wait until they sort out the Fusion skin or iSkin Black, as we have to buy them.

• 2 months later...