Propellerhead Record

:|

the oooohs and aaaahs were obviously from band people who assume that this software means they're not going to have to use studios anymore and will take the place of engineers. i sense that the ssl mixer and line 6 stuff (modelling of modelling?!) is probably a big draw, for anyone who believes the hype about software modelling anyway.

the funny thing is i might have been mildly more excited about this if they hadn't released that ridiculous teaser. the comping looks good, kinda like what apple said logic 8 would do but didn't.

this is more or less an epic fail in my book. it doesn't do anything new or groundbreaking at all from what i can figure.

my feeling about this (as I just twittered you) it's that it's not going to amaze any users of current DAW however for Reason users (and possibly new comers) I think it's going to be fantastic...what propellerhead are good at is making things straight forward to use and it looks like they've done just that with this.

2 piece of information...

$150 is cool but you need to buy reason as well in order to use the reason device in it.

apparently the timestretch is awesome, according to someone on doa who got to see a demo you can timestretch to half the speed with no noticable artifacts! I'd pay $150 for that feature!

wait, scratch that- it's only $150 if you own reason. if not then it's $299 and the combo is $629. LOL. that's ridiculous. you could have the full suite version of ableton live, or logic pro, or cubase 4, each with change for that, which all do more- and perhaps most importantly are expandable. the closed architecture will be the downfall of record, it's easy to poach customers from cubase to logic and vice versa when the customer gets to take all their 'equipment' with them (plugins) but when you have to use completely different stuff, even if you found your perfect kit... hm.

*edit pipped to the post haha

This software is nothing special. Its just a bunch of plugins all in one. Really its for idiots who are convinced they don't have time to learn a better piece of software. I never liked Propellerheads and now I understand my reasoning.

yep, since this only uses rewire, your gonna have to wire this into another DAW if u want to use a VST - chances are that DAW is better than Record anyway ... shame