anyone object to a pmc 08pro

well after talking abit with chris decisive nd having a little think im not gonna get a xone 32

whether i like it or not im gonna scratch pretty soon cos its the only thing im good at.

so a good scratch mixer again it is.

chris suggested the aem 100i which looked wicked, but after looking and reading about similar mixers my heart is set on a vestax pmc08 pro.

its a sound scratch mixer which has some decent stuff for a bit of a mix to.(as most of you know probly)

i assume you lot dont really care what i do in the end but i just wanted to make sure in the time i was away that everyone hasnt decided this mixer is shit.

hope u lot agree cos otherwise you'll break my heart

matt, we're gonna end up falling out

nd yeh diggla the black one, i dont kno why u brought race into it tho.

it doesnt come with effects but accommodates for them really well.i lready have a pedal and fx pad so i can use it with those nicely

yeh i had a rane before i took my time out.was really pleased with it, i sold it in the end to discuss

i hope it looked after him.

i was thinking of it but i'd like to try somet a bit more complicated nd different.

good mixer tho!

But only use real vinyl with it or Foly will be irked. ...in fact, he's not so sure about this whole "digital hybrid" thing...

But only use real vinyl with it or Foly will be irked. ...in fact, he's not so sure about this whole "digital hybrid" thing...

truth sayer!

@Hertz

I would defo put and inno or a pro x in there livo!

i can definitely vouch for the quality of the hak. the reason i suggested the aem100i is because of the fader, the third channel, and the effects- i assumed the third channel and the filter must be the two things that had attracted you to the xone32, and the fx on the 100i are reportedly (i have to admit i haven't tried one... except maybe possibly at a trade show and if so don't really remember) really fun to use. if you're after something to have fun with rather than be just a workhorse then effects are probably a good idea (although it depends entirely on your definition of fun of course!)- not to say you can't add on effects later with, for instance, a kaoss pad, which is when i'd stop recommending the hak and say you're making as good a choice as any with the 08 (better fx routing)

:)

had a hak 360 before.good mixers but not for me. i was thinking about the fader

so ill use it until it goes gay then put one of the supa dupa ones in

this plan seems all set

Don't get a HAK 380. its a friggin dope mixer, i love mine. But the FX aren't channel independant, so it'd be no good for you.

The only problem with the 08 is that the fader is a bit stiff and needs regular lubing to keep it nice.

I think the new ones will fix this but who knows how much...?

I've put an innofader in my 08 and it's now wicked all round, only problem is innofaders are now 130 notes...

If you can wait for these to come out they might be a good bet as I think the fader is going to be better then in the OG 08:

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1115

Guest loop skywalker

should be able to pick an 08 up at a decent price too...dope mixer when used with a pro x fader.

i have an 08 - it sucks....lol....

ive had problem after problem with it.

the build quality is SHIIITEE....sound quality is rubbish also...wish id never bought it, i sold my hak 360 to get an 08....gutted.

id go for a rane - best sound IMHO...

or the rodec if u can afford it - which is by far the nicest scratch mixer ive ever used...

the 08 isnt trustworthy.

pz

Guest loop skywalker

yeah..im thinking maybe a bad batch or something ...i think a rane is the same price as a rodec these days.

well, i ended up with a xone:02 and im happy with the choice

i spoke to decks.co.uk and vestax currently dont have a uk distributor and so it'll take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to maybe get a delivery from japan. i simpley cant wait that long.

i've always liked the xone and allen and heath have a good reputation, and the review on sktrachworx backs that up.

lets hope im still this happy next week

well at first she thought i said the 22, but i quickly corrected her.

so yeh it should be the original, ill kill the fader then probly get the innofader or something at a later date

but yeh man, fully agree with that faceplate, what the fuck