Some dubstep type stuff

x2k

i thought these were good :) i think squeeze has potential but the myspace player doesn't do it any favours, there's no real low end. tree is very nice. real shame about the myspace player stealing the bass. bitter is nice and foreboding.

one critisism i have about all the tracks is that they're over long. i would rather they were three minutes or so and reload them myself than them be going on for five or six minutes but only really have three minutes of material in.

Nice one for checking guys.

Chrism with regards the 3min thing, I definitely agree that I tend to minimise the intro and outro of the tunes, I kinda do it because I never really think of tunes being played outside of a mix context, it's like I'd never actually listen to a full 7mins of a dnb track from start to finish because there is a min and a half at each end of most tunes of pure blandness. It makes it much more mix friendly though. However saying that I'm going to give you're comments some serious consideration, I'm not likely to start writing 3min tracks but what I'm thinking now is that I should probably pay more attention to these parts of tracks and make them less filler and more progression of the track. Thank you for the comment and hopefully it will lead to improvement ;)

• 1 month later...

Texturally Lemon Meringue Pie is stronger than your previous tracks, but the drum pattern needs to take a chill pill, having it that steppy for the whole track was a bit much. There were times when I felt sure it was going to sit back and relax a bit at the end of those buildups but it never did. Still good though.

ps afaniam

That track was actually an experiment in trying to find ways to make dubstep(?) tear along at a rapid pace so I can quite easily see how it might be too much haha, however you'll be pleased to know the next one is a more laid back, spacey, atmospheric steppa ;)

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, hopefully it will amount to somehow helping me make better music :d