My first MPC beat

Wax On

lol cheers pete! Smooth fm ftw!!! just wait for my smooth fm tribute mixtape, its gonna be HOT

real nice mate :) which mpc did you get in the end?

thanks mate

I got a 1000 maxed out with JJOS 1 & 2. i've got loads of shit to learn i reckon, but i'm getting my head around it reasonably. Its nice, but i'd like a tilting screen and the extra outs that the 2500 give you

the main thing is the workflow. (until maschine, which i am ever so excited about) there has never been a piece of software that 'thinks' like an mpc or alternative. the speed at which you sample and then work with the sample is unrivalled on an mpc/mpcalike (the mv8800 has an even more logical workflow imo) due to the way that on a pc there are sequencers, recorders, and sample players, but on a sampling workstation it's all beautifully merged. ableton seems to be working towards this too actually, after seeing some of the features touted for live 8. i'm betting v10 will be a complete all in one setup.

• 2 weeks later...