BPM Battle winner and sets

Gizmo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weetamix is brining back some 1980s flavour??!

That's a diss - right??

I'm one of the only dj's (not tablists) from the 80's still competing in the UK - if there's still a bit of 80's style in there so be it, it's what i am. I make no appologies for it, it's what i do (ok, i've made it clear my routine was sloppy tho)

Ed, i'm not going to enter into a war of words with you because you're one of the few people on here that i actually have respect for & i would like it to stay that way.

Apparently Vekked has 'LEARNT' about being 'old school' - that's the funniest shit i've ever heard! You might have (some) skills but you will never have the history to match your level of opinion about it!

Think i'll do a Loop style retirement again save me reading shit about meself (we didn't have t'net back in the 80's!)

Apparently Vekked has 'LEARNT' about being 'old school' - that's the funniest shit i've ever heard! You might have (some) skills but you will never have the history to match your level of opinion about it!

loll, so you read my myspace or something and took it seriously?... and I think by old school flavour ed was referring less to your actual style, and more to your technical skill

Seriously - one thing i will never do is take your opinion or comments seriously bro, you're a scratch nerd - simple!

I've no problem with what Ed was saying - i respect his opinion & i'm not bothered whether it refered to my style or technical skill (like x2k said - diss?) or what era i originate from - if your (harsh) critique came from someone credible i might have listened but you're a no-one & you attacked me, yeah - i'm gonna sit here & feel to your venom? What do you think?

Seriously - one thing i will never do is take your opinion or comments seriously bro, you're a scratch nerd - simple!

I've no problem with what Ed was saying - i respect his opinion & i'm not bothered whether it refered to my style or technical skill (like x2k said - diss?) or what era i originate from - if your (harsh) critique came from someone credible i might have listened but you're a no-one & you attacked me, yeah - i'm gonna sit here & feel to your venom? What do you think?

well I do battle to bro, I just realize when I'm not doing anything but contributing to the ever increasing pool of wackness in battles and step down until I have a reason to battle...

but by all means, keep waiting for that special someone to come by and whisper in your ear ever so sweetly that you have a few things you could maybe work on...

Vekked: I bet you can't do a 6 click flare whilst rockin a one turntable juggle routine with yer foot you fucking n00b!

Post a picture of you standing next to tony prince or stfu for lyfe

0ne

|-|()|_|_/\

I think the mistake a lot of DJs make (myself included) is when they've seen some intricate, technical scratch on a DVD or YouTube (or something like that), learned it, then tried to replicate it in a battle situation.

I haven't read through the 27 pages of controversy however I think it's been refreshing to hear some actual criticism to props to Vekked for doing so. I've felt for a while that turntablism reached it's peak in 2005 when people liked Pfel, Tigerstyle and Muzzell were rocking super tight, technical routines that actually sound good (check out the second half of the muzzell's 05 dmc on the tube, it could pass for a track) and Le Jad routines make my ears bleed. I was really disappointed with the standard at UK DMC in 07 and felt for the first time like I'd wasted my money on a battle vid. That said, there were a couple of solid routines and that gives me a little hope for the standard of battles improving. I personally thought that Sinical's routine was wicked - razor sharp cuts man! Furious P was tight too although I think Sinical's set had more energy and variety so

1) well done everyone

2) where are the dope juggles? there was some serious lame loopage going on in a couple of sets, however I can't really have a pop at weetamix as he took me out in supremacy a million years ago : P

3) I will post new routines sometime - ain't battled in three years!

• 2 weeks later...
I was really disappointed with the standard at UK DMC in 07

Oi, watch it! Post a file Lembot! :d

On the real, I don't think a lot of people were happy with their '07 sets (moi included)...

Regarding the BPM Battle....Yes, everyone could have been a hell of a lot tighter (no homo), but it was on crowd reaction, and Weet got the most noise...

Furious P & Sinical were better on a technical level, and imo it should have been them in the final stage (I'm slightly biased, but hey that's my opinion), but the only DJ that came through with stage presence/entertainment was Weet.

A lot of DJs are too "heads down" these days. I think showmanship needs to come back into the game.

• 1 month later...
I was watching the leeds battle vcd a couple of weeks ago, I prefer sinical's routines on there to this. lots of disses, halftime chasing and shit, it had pure attitude.

Times have changed though. That's coming up to 6 years old now! I should put that on Youtube really just for posterity. What happened to C4 and Biba Lau?

I was watching the leeds battle vcd a couple of weeks ago, I prefer sinical's routines on there to this. lots of disses, halftime chasing and shit, it had pure attitude.

Times have changed though. That's coming up to 6 years old now! I should put that on Youtube really just for posterity. What happened to C4 and Biba Lau?

I completely lost touch with biva lau after a kut above the rest stopped happening. C4, was he from Hudds, the first guy on? he was tight. doing then what I'm doing now, lol. meanwhile then I was str8 looking terrified.

i agree times may have changed but all this dirty electro beat / double time scratch ish is played. the techniques then are still dope