NEWS FLASH! SWITCH WINS WORLD SUPREMACY!

Pand Malone

Yeah switch won and well deservered too...I though Nelson might take it on account of having the more mental sounds on his records even though switch did the better set however the judges made the right judgement and the better man won! congrats to switch on that.

Teams were strange...the whole serato thing made them proper strange! Everyone seemed to just be dropping samples over backing tracks until bionic stylus came on. Everything up until that point didn't really take advantage of what serato had to offer but bionic stylus really showed off the fact that serato was more that just a vinyl emulation program. Traumer Team put up a good battle against bionic stylus but I still had bionic stylus tops then Kireek played and fuck me, no serato, they straight smashed it. Bionic should have definitely taken second but Kireek deserved their first placing.

Just gotta wait and see who takes the solos tomorrow :d

I only stayed until bionic stylus finished as i had to get the train home but yeah i didn't really see the point in using serato as customs are already allowed.

Pros of serato vs customs:

if the team come up with a routine really near the competition they can perform it and don't need to wait for customs to be pressed.

No needle skipping which can upset a whole routine.

Visual cue points: easier for the djs to know what they're doing.

If the team decide to switch up their routine they can just reedit the sound files and not have to worry about cueing up the sections in a new order.

It really just makes it more convenient for the djs but besides Bionic stylus noone used features of serato that vinyl doesn't offer: they threw away their records in the last section of their set and used the number key cue points on their keyboards to control the samples. Keep it mind i only stayed until the end of the uk set so i may be wrong about the others.

While it makes it more convenient for planning sets, I don't think it's necessary for the competition, without the needle skipping it lessens the risk element a fair bit.

Props again to everyone who entered. The Nelson/USA champ battle was hilarious. Custom records versus custom t-shirts! Both guys had awesome stage presence too.

Oh and hopefully the techies have sorted out the video/audio sync from yesterday. It was a good half second out of time :(

I only stayed until bionic stylus finished as i had to get the train home but yeah i didn't really see the point in using serato as customs are already allowed.

The point is cost and flexibility. You can hone and perfect your routine, almost up to changing it depending on what you've just watched the competitors have done stage side. And the cost of customs is pretty silly really. Imagine having to cut a fresh set each time you make a change to your set, and having to keep getting sets made when you've burned the crap out of them.

To me, I don't see why DMC won't allow DVS systems when essentially it's much the same as customs except for the prohibitive costs involved.

I've always felt the same as as gizmo on this one, why not allow DVS use when customs are used? Sowever last night showed that it is not the same as simply using customs, DVS systems just seemed to make most people lazy...too much of the routines were made into backing tracks with a little bit of scratching thrown in...it was weak, at least with customs you have to really make sure you do something good to warrent cutting it to vinyl. Bionic Stylus were the only ones who looked at it as something new and exploited the features it had to off. Traumer Team did a good set but just in the same way you'd expect from people using customs...then Kireek played with no DVS systems and their set was great...the crowd even started moving haha. I guess since this was the first time it was allowed then people were just getting used to being allowed to use it and next year maybe everyone will let rip proper. The other annoyance is the extra setup time for DVS systems!

Supremacy was a fantasic battle though, I missed the first round but I saw some great stuff in all the other rounds. Some great points of the night were the Japnese guy's slow motion body tricks routing, that was absolutely spot on. Then there was the smiley Chinese guy who looked like he'd just accidently wandered into the finals and didn't know what was going on but was having a great time all the same, I think everyone in the room just wanted to hug him haha. Nelson & Shiftee was definitely an amazing round, infact everything in the semi & in the final were pure fire!

We're off again in a bit to the solos, don't really know what might happen, I'm just wandering if we're in for a Le Jad win tonight or if it's time for something new.

Then there was the smiley Chinese guy who looked like he'd just accidently wandered into the finals and didn't know what was going on but was having a great time all the same, I think everyone in the room just wanted to hug him haha.

How did I forget about DJ Mikey!?!?

Ah he seemed like the happiest battler ever and seemed to be really enjoying the whole event. His first round routine where he used a flute sample was really nice. Props to him :)

Then there was the smiley Chinese guy who looked like he'd just accidently wandered into the finals and didn't know what was going on but was having a great time all the same, I think everyone in the room just wanted to hug him haha.

How did I forget about DJ Mikey!?!?

Ah he seemed like the happiest battler ever and seemed to be really enjoying the whole event. His first round routine where he used a flute sample was really nice. Props to him :)

aw bless em

Last night was wicked - DMC's r always a great excuse for a DV link/piss up !!! Jon and X2k pretty much said it all already ... got lots of video from last night - will try and put some up so u lot can see the action.