skratchworx battle @ BPM

Gizmo

Still in the planning stage, but here's the outline for the planned Pedestrian/skratchworx battle at the BPM Show in October:

• 2 battles, one on Saturday, one on Sunday

• 5 competitors per battle

• 90 second freestyle sets, so bring your best skills

• Crowd decides on winners

• All sets filmed, but Saturday and Sunday winners get posted on skratchworx for a public vote to decide the big prize winner

• Lots of prizes - basically you get stuff just for entering, but the winners prizes are planned to be very worthy indeed.

Restrictions - almost none, but you'll be using an Innofader equipped mixer. Bring your own wax, carts and slipmats.

So I have 10 slots to fill. 2 are pretty much confirmed by DMC UK final level competitors. So if you fancy entering, that's the level to be at. I want the rest filled ASAP so I can plan properly. If it becomes oversubscribed, it'll become an invite only thing.

There you have it. If you think you can step up and bust a world class 90 second set and can make it to BPM, let me know at gizmo@skratchworx.com.

i considered flying back to do the ortofon stand again, would you like to fund me to fly for talking to you and trying my best to fucking find you (i bet you were watching those promo girls from a quiet corner weren't you mark) to film cool super exclusive things? it will only cost about £1400. plus i am actually genuinely loads better this year, fly made me realise that djing to students for too long had made me lazy as hell and i practiced a bit. so yeah, i will share some prizes with you if you pay my airfare. get back to me asap. peace.

Gizmo I just sent you a mail about the competition but i'll post here as well just in case you come here first.

I'm quite interested in entering the saturday competition. One quick question before i confirm that I'll enter:

'90 second freestyle sets'- Does that mean 90 second scratch freestyle sets or does it mean anything goes dmc suprmecy style 90 second sets?

If it's the former then I'm up for it!

Kind regards

Jon (Jon1st)