what's everyone into nowadays?

Phology

acid house?

acid jazz?

sulphuric acid?

I've found myself listening to much more electronic music than I used to. I really don't care about new hiphop any more, there's so little I find interesting or innovative about the majority of it. I do love the whole instrumental thing though (flying lotus, rustie, et al). On the whole, at the moment I'm most into dubstep, acid, techno, breakcore, that sort of thing.

I went to the bangface weekender last month which was fucking awesome.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acid house?

acid jazz?

sulphuric acid?

I've found myself listening to much more electronic music than I used to. I really don't care about new hiphop any more, there's so little I find interesting or innovative about the majority of it. I do love the whole instrumental thing though (flying lotus, rustie, et al).

ye totally agree man

i find myself listening more electronic style these days

i've been listening to a ton of music lately. here's some of the stuff i can remember...

flying lotus

gas lamp killer - i spit on your grave

edit - crying over pros for no reason

gravediggaz - 6 feet deep

j dilla

slum village - fantastic vol 2.

radiohead (mostly kid a and in rainbows)

miles davis - kind of blue

de la soul

prefuse73

little brother - the minstrel show (just got onto this cd a few months ago. it's too ill)

portishead

nozl - the man who brought us here has vanished (old but TOO dope)

atmosphere

nosaj thing - views/octopus ep and random remixes

black milk

madlib

machinedrum

el-p/company flow

ive been listening to my neighbour bone his missus a lot just lately.......nothing much wrong with that if you hide the fact she has been dead for nine years

yuck

Oh, and this guy: -

The crazy thing about it, is that shit is str7 off the top of his big hairy dome piece. What a cunt!

Check out this kid trying to copy that: -

A few bum notes, but not half bad, haha.

doesnt sound like music mate

Hyphy (pronounced /ˈhaɪfiː/ HYE-fee) is a style of music and dance primarily associated with the Bay Area hip hop culture. The Hyphy movement started in the early '90s but began to re-emerge in the early 2000s as a response from Bay Area rappers against commercial hip hop for ignoring the Bay's influence on the hip hop industry.[1][2] Although the "hyphy movement" has just recently seen light in mainstream America, it has been a long standing and evolving culture in the Bay Area.[3] Bay Area rapper Keak Da Sneak was the first to use the term on an album.

Hyphy music can be associated with the Bay Area as crunk music is to the South; however, contrary to popular belief, the musical aspect of the Hyphy movement has very few similarities to crunk music as it is dictated by more up-tempo beats.[4][5] Dancing

wowzers

cough syrup street slang for alcohol then?

Apparently not. I read a article in some hiphop magazine that people are dying from cough syrup overdoses and rappers are getting blamed for popularizing it in songs. I don't listen to much new american rap but that's what they're referring to when they say 'purple drank' (I think) which is confusing because 'dank' is slang for good weed in U.S. Anyone else heard of this or is it just scaremongering by the media?

Anyone else heard of this or is it just scaremongering by the media?

Nah, it's true. People used to drink it here as well, but they made the "hard stuff" prescription only a few years ago. DJ Screw died of a codeine overdose from drinking it all the time. Some other famous rapper died of it recently too.

I am looking forward to putting as much music as I like on this new 250gb hdd!! All I have so far is India Arie's Voyage to India. Lately I am much more into going through old CDs and vinyl and thinking 'wow I'd forgotten how good this was' than searching out new stuff. Sometimes new stuff hits me though, I think I am 100% over paint by numbers boom bap now however. Funnily enough though some of my favourite tracks this year have been grime or at least grime hip hop crossovers, doesn't seem to be getting much love in this thread though, you selectedly open minded bunch yous :p