Holy Crap Check this New Turntable out

Like Profbx said OMG!!!

A CD Turntable Hybrid

"CDT-05 Pro CD Turntable

World’s first analog/digital hybrid turntable/CD player

Since the advent of the CD format in the DJ realm, performance DJs have only dreamed of a solution that would combine the classic feel of a turntable with the ability to play both CDs and vinyl. With the release of the Gemini CDT-05, that dream has now become a reality, with the ability to play both vinyl, as well as to play CDs with the hands-on control of a full size direct drive platter. The CDT-05’s sturdy aluminum platter is driven by a CPU-controlled high-torque direct drive motor, perfectly suited towards vinyl playback or CD manipulation. In both analog (vinyl) and digital (CD) modes, DJs are provided with a variable pitch control, with selectable ranges of 4, 8, 16, or 50 percent, along with pitch bend function as well as master tempo. Additionally, 3 DSP effects (Filter, Zoom, and Echo) with variable parameter and a forward/reverse switch can be accessed in either mode. During CD playback, the CDT-05 affords 3 hot starts, frame accurate cue, and seamless loop, for ultimate flexibility in the digital domain. The motor can also be disengaged, for DJs that prefer CD decks with a passive, non-motor driven platter. Vinyl DJs will appreciate the removable, virtually unskippable straight tonearm system (sold separately) as well as the versatility of having an all-in-one unit to move forward with the digital revolution, while preserving the legacy of vinyl.

Who would of thought gemini would do it first. I say good shit gemini hahaha thatll give all the other companies a slap in the face.. if it is executed well a good table err cd/tt . Man i cant wait till they start showing all the new equipment at NAMM. :d

oh heres the link to the news topic on skratchworx Gemini CD/TT Hybrid

it looks and seems pretty good

bet it will cost a bit though. especially with the "sold seperately" tonearm (cher ching)

we need a cdx / pdx combo. the gemini runs the risk of being an ok cdtable and an average turntable.

i'd like just a device that emulates final scratch (using timecode records). a different headshell that leads to a box, not unlike an mp3 player. that leads to the line in on your amp and then you can cut on digital. i'm sure the technology is there to do it.

on the real i wouldnt buy the table just because its ugly, doesnt seem conventional probably has a bunch of problems and is probably aimed towards the mix community, but its awesome that they are pushing the damn envelope. I would honestly want vestax or technics or even numark to come out with something like what u said but this will push everyone to do it faster. Because this is something everyone in the dj community has been thinking but it finally has materialized.

Not again! Hey if I had the cash I would tell them Real Djs Like Real tings!!! to clean, to perfect, to boring. Where's life? But I'll test it sum day got nothin else too do!

Hey you never know thay might give me a job testing their product!

"Hey I know what to say!!

buy it!

It's really good"

Guest Deeswift

I totally disagree, I'd say you fuckers need to get out the past and stop being so religious about vinyl. The fact that you can burn anything onto a CD and manipulate it has to be better than cutting Dirtstyle records up. Not all of us wanna cut the shit that's available on vinyl, there's a million things I'd like to cut if I had a CD deck, just can't afford one currently, so I'm stuck with what's available on vinyl. Barely any of the music I listen to is available on vinyl, I really need to sell my decks and get a CDX or something.

Guest Deeswift

I wouldn't say "ouch", but I find that many DJ's musically confine and limit themselves to hip hop and vinyl, and see it as "wrong" or bad to cut up different styles of music and use a different format. The "Real Djs Like Real tings" statement annoys me, to be honest. It reminds me why I have no desire to lump myself in with scratch DJ's in general. I dislike the closed-minded hip hop mentality. Maybe 10 or 20 years ago I might have agreed, but back then I had my blinkers on, big time. Since then I leaned that there's a whole lot more to DJing than hip hop.

I quite like the look of it, although it's a rendered image right? The CD tray opening the way it does would stop me buying one though. These sort of decks will hopefully become more popular and cheaper.

i'd like just a device that emulates final scratch (using timecode records). a different headshell that leads to a box, not unlike an mp3 player. that leads to the line in on your amp and then you can cut on digital. i'm sure the technology is there to do it.

So what's the difference between that and a CDX, except the CDX is all in one? I think if a deck is gonna be good, it has to be self-contained. None of this "plug this into this and that into that" nonsense - just hook it up to your mixer and go. I think if they made a CDX that had a DVD player instead of a CD player (for more space) and it could also play regular vinyl, then that would be the ideal solution.

Yea, vinyl is great and all, but the CDX and all the new technology just opens up more opprotunities. People say "oh well then you can just make your own scratch record and use that in a battle and you would never have to swtich the cd's like you would with vinyl, that's cheating blab blah blah" Yes it makes things easier, but now it pushes people to be more innovative. Now Dj's have to really bust some shit out. not just switch records to get different samples.

Guest Deeswift

Word. Being able to create your own sounds to cut up in a just couple of minutes is the way to go. This SHOULD bring more originality into scratching, because we have no excuse to keep cutting up the same old shit and doing the same thing as everyone else, the whole reason scratching is currently so stale and played out. The only way to change it is to look into other genres of music and learn from those, and don't be scared to step away from the mould with the instrument itself. Last thing we need now is any more second or third rate D-Styles and Ricci Rucker wannabe's. IMO, the things people aspire to are gone. Scratching peaked at the end of the 90's. Something needs to be done if it's to carry on.

When you think about it scratching isn't really that special, like ok Rocking doubles, mixing, scratch drumming, like whatever DJ Woody does like in flutines, yea that's actually cool and i can listen to tracks like that. But 5 minutes of justplain cutting over ahhh, that doesn't inspire anything out of me. It makes me want to scratch, because usually the scraching is so nice i want to practice so i can become better, but 5 mintues of cutting over ahhh doesn't gvie me an emotion like other music does. Would you want to listen to a cd of just cutting? I wouldn't. Mixing, and things liek that, hell yea i would, but just plan "Ahhh" no thanks. I'm not saying its wrong to post practice files just using ahh but like polished tracks and things like that no. Also Scratched tracks were all th istruments are scracthed those are cool too, i'm just specifally talking about straight cutting

Guest Deeswift
When you think about it scratching isn't really that special, like ok Rocking doubles, mixing, scratch drumming, like whatever DJ Woody does like in flutines, yea that's actually cool and i can listen to tracks like that.  But 5 minutes of justplain cutting over ahhh, that doesn't inspire anything out of me.  It makes me want to scratch, because usually the scraching is so nice i want to practice so i can become better, but 5 mintues of cutting over ahhh doesn't gvie me an emotion like other music does.  Would you want to listen to a cd of just cutting? I wouldn't.  Mixing, and things liek that, hell yea i would, but just plan "Ahhh" no thanks.  I'm not saying its wrong to post practice files just using ahh but like polished tracks and things like that no.  Also Scratched tracks were all th istruments are scracthed those are cool too, i'm just specifally talking about straight cutting

To be honest, I could easily listen to a full CD of AAAHH scratching, but it'd depend on who was doing it. Your average DJ = no way, I can't listen, but someone like D-Styles = yeah, easily. Pharaohs Of Funk is still good today, and this is about the nearest thing I can think of to a full CD of AAAHH scratching. Basically, if it's cut well, I can listen. Back in the late 90's it wasn't so hard to listen to it anyway, it wasn't as played out, but now things should have moved on.

Same shit still applies though, it's all about how you flip it.

i was just curious why everyone gets so hung up on "if you dont advance the artform in a revolutionary way you are not a good dj". if you keep thinking about that, what about the kids in 10 years who want to get into dj'ing and just to keep up with everyone else they have to learn all the crazy shit like woody and dstyles know (yes i know its always a competition but...regardless of what people say there will be a limit to what you can do). i think too many dj's get too concerned with making music for other dj's to study and want to learn to copy, rather than the average shmo who will be listening to it...unless youre training your whole life to win a dj tournament then go ahead lol

to me a good dj is one who can make good tunes. simple as that. what's good is different to each person.

as for the turntable, id get it if i didnt have to sell have both kidneys and one testicle just to get it , looks like it will cost a fortune

This is something I've thought they should've done since the release of the CDX, thing is I doubt this one will be very good quality, I'm only saying this because a) it's gemini and b) that picture look tacky. I know my oppinions are invalid because it's just speculation and the only real test would be to have a go on one but I still bet I'm right, I bet it ain't no where near a CDX and the vinyl side of things will be really weak. It might be ok but I reckon I'd hold out until someone else makes one (or I'm proved wrong).

EDIT: Sorry for being negitive, I ain't got anything better to do.

Edited by x2k

i was just curious why everyone gets so hung up on "if you dont advance the artform in a revolutionary way you are not a good dj".  if you keep thinking about that, what about the kids in 10 years who want to get into dj'ing and just to keep up with everyone else they have to learn all the crazy shit like woody and dstyles know (yes i know its always a competition but...regardless of what people say there will be a limit to what you can do).  i think too many dj's get too concerned with making music for other dj's to study and want to learn to copy, rather than the average shmo who will be listening to it...unless youre training your whole life to win a dj tournament then go ahead lol

Good thoughts. But I guess it's all down to the 'battle mentality' that pervades scratch DJing and tablism. I guess we all need to realise that we can't all be D-Styles and Q-Bert, and stop the negativity if someone does something that isn't up to 'par'.