DV BATTLE 08 - INFO & RULES

x2k

.: DV BATTLE '08 :.

Good news, it's time for another DV competition. As the popular vote showed in the poll some time ago the format of the competition will be to make a track using only the samples provided.

To ensure that the samples provided suite everyones needs each contestant must have submitted 3 samples prior to entering, the final sample pack will consist of all submissions, we will add some more if we feel the final collection is missing something.

Rules

1) No synths, unsupplied samples, instruments or any other sounds sources are allowed.

2) Effects are allowed.

3) Each contestant must submit 3 samples of 44.1khz 16bit Wav or similar (no need to match that exactly but samples must be decent quality).

4) Scratching is allowed, but only with supplied samples, this means if you do not have a DVS but you have one of the submitted samples on a you may record scratches using your copy on vinyl, you must not however use any part of the sample which is not supplied in the competition sample pack.

Samples

Try and provide variation in your sample pack so rather than submitted 3 breaks maybe try and submit 1 break, a bass riff and a vocal.

There are no restrictions on the length of samples but keep it reasonable, no complete tunes or anything stupid like that.

Samples maybe sources from anywhere, lifted from existing music, recorded your self or a tone/texture from a synth.

Samples can be submitted using any popular file sharing such as sendspace.com or zshare.net, it is encouraged that your three samples are uploaded in a zip archive but it is not necessary. If you need any help with uploading samples please get intouch.

Deadlines

* All entries and samples must be in by the 27th April 2008.

* Tracks must then be submitted by the 25th May 2008.

* Winner will be announced on the 1st June 2008.

Voting

Entries will listed anonymously and DV members will have a week to vote.

Prize

A copy of Wax On's Earwax Legacy CD, DJ Snuff's Hip Hop Blues 12", DJ 2Tall's Beautiful Mind CD and 2 copies of Muzzell's brand new, not yet released Donkey Work 3

Winning track will be featured on the DV MySpace player.

Entering

Please post your name and samples as a reply to this thread!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one guys. Diggla, enter anyway...just make some thing shit, it's the taking part that counts, not the winning ;)

OK I'm in!

• 3 weeks later...

All contestants should have recieved a PM containing the samples, if you haven't got it then let me know asap and I'll sort it out for you. Good luck!

A FEW PRIZES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE WINNING BUNDLE:

* Wax On's Earwax Legacy CD - I think or were you taking the piss?

* DJ Snuff's Hip Hop Blues 12"

* DJ 2Tall's Beautiful Mind CD

* 2 copies of Muzzell's Donkey Work 3

Right, I've decided to make the sample pack available to everyone.

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/downloads/...Sample_Pack.zip

I've also been thinking that if anyone else who hasn't submitted samples wants to enter that might be ok? Does anyone feel strongly for or against this...I don't know if anyone else wants to enter? But I thought if anyone miss their chance maybe we could let them in?

I won't let anyone else enter if anyone feels I shouldn't allow it!

• 2 weeks later...