FUCK YOU NUMARK

my other deck has just broken. luckily i decided to actually get around to fixing the one that was originally broken yesterday and had the presence of mind to order not one but two parts. as soon as they're fixed they're out the fucking door though. pieces of shit.

nah it's an old version but they were unwilling to sort me out even though they knew they were ripping people off when i rang em about the last one. not having ttxs again whether they're fixed or not for that reason. i need decks sooner than the new chips are going to arrive though, guess i'm going to have to eat into my overdraft again. i have a mate who wants £430 for his str8-150s without carts and he says it's a bargain, but ebay begs to differ. i'll see if i can bring him down and if i'll probably go for pd45s.

You seem to have not learnt the two simple turntable rules:

Numark falls apart.

Technics don't.

The stantons will (probably) eventually fall apart just like the Numarks...

i well just got owned :z

i've got the parts, not from numark though, when i rang the bloke on the phone had to confirm off the record that it was the ta7259p chip that was suggested on the fix that's floating around the web, he seemed to know exactly what the problem was though but said that numark wasn't supporting it (their fix was to bring out a new version and pretend the old one never happened) and they wouldn't sell any bits. the chip is freely available over the net for about £8 or something. ballache to fix though.

i don't want technics because the pitch range isn't good enough without going for the silly money mk5gs (and even they're not excellent), for mixing it's handy and for sampling it's even handier to have the 50%, also i prefer the feel of a slightly higher torque. having said that the str8 150s are *really* torquey, maybe even too much, but they seem to have the best build quality after technics but with all the features of a ttx. i wouldn't say it's clear they're not made to last really, i don't know how you'd gauge that...

I personally hear the Adjustable Torque models (the ones I have) don't have nearly the amount of problems the earlier generations have (which I believe you have), because they listened to a lot of the complaints and fixed them in the newer models. I know a bunch of people with the newer TTXs and have had them for years with no problems at all.