Best crossfader?

What is the best DJ fader?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. best fader? (can pick more than one)

• P&G
    • Pro X Fade
    • Rane magnetic fader
    • Focus Fader
    • Vestax PCV
    • Vestax CF-CC Crossfader with Cut Control
    • Ecler Eternal Crossfader
    • Other

hmmm?

I got a Pro X now... I like it but wondered if there was a fader that was better.... I have only tried about half of the ones I listed...

i just got a 360 and the eternal is absolutely brilliant. however, i kinda think i like the pro x a tiny bit more due to the weight. i've never played with a pro x for an extended amount of time, just a few hours, but i really like the way it feels like a suspended weight. the eternal just doesn't feel like anything, and that's cool and very anti-tiring (what's the antonym for tiring?) but i quite like that feel of a suspended weight...

the vestax pcvs are good, but require modding to get great- i got mine very, very smooth through more luck than judgement in a probably inimitable mod which almost broke it, the p&gs in the stantons are better though- smooth as hell straight out the box, probably smoother with (supplied in new boxes) caiglube, and less up/down travel compared to the vestax pcvs... the vestax cfcc is nice too. not as nice a feel as the pro x imo, it's as smooth but i think it's once again down to the weight and so it's behind the eternal for me.

btw is this a best fader poll? reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly????????! :p

i just got a 360 and the eternal is absolutely brilliant. however, i kinda think i like the pro x a tiny bit more due to the weight. i've never played with a pro x for an extended amount of time, just a few hours, but i really like the way it feels like a suspended weight. the eternal just doesn't feel like anything, and that's cool and very anti-tiring (what's the antonym for tiring?) but i quite like that feel of a suspended weight...

the vestax pcvs are good, but require modding to get great- i got mine very, very smooth through more luck than judgement in a probably inimitable mod which almost broke it, the p&gs in the stantons are better though- smooth as hell straight out the box, probably smoother with (supplied in new boxes) caiglube, and less up/down travel compared to the vestax pcvs... the vestax cfcc is nice too. not as nice a feel as the pro x imo, it's as smooth but i think it's once again down to the weight and so it's behind the eternal for me.

So did you think the P&G is smoother/nicer than the pro x??? I've never had a chance to fuck with one....

No comment on the Rane's?? I used to kinda hate on the ranes when they didn't have the fader curve (54s??) but I've become a beleiver... altho I think the price is kinda retarded.

So did you think the P&G is smoother/nicer than the pro x??? I've never had a chance to fuck with one....

No comment on the Rane's??

nah the pro x is a nicer fader. the p&g feels like a... i dunno to draw an analogy a macbook vs a cheap and cheerful acer laptop or something. similar power but the pro x just feels better. as far as the rane, never had a go. i would, but the price is prohibitive. i like the idea of all 3 faders being the same though.

i really loved the feal of vestax faders, never mind the quality, but the feal i just loved it. I had a pro x fader in my old pmc 05, and i fell in love with it, adjusting the tension is a great thing to have in faders. Right now the fader i love the most, is the one in my mackie d2, infinium fader, im luvin it

Judging from what I've experimented with; the CP-Pro from Numark is currently at the top of my list. I haven't used Ecler's Eternal, and the Pro X Fade that I have used for about five minutes wasn't a memorable experience. I am not too crazy about Vestax's PCVs, there was some awkwardness when I gave it a test run. P&Gs are pretty decent in my book but that's comparing it to some of the older alps that I may have used in the past. So for now, I can safely state that the CP-Pro is the best fader I have used since I currently own a Numark DXM Pro.

the Eternal Fader in my HAK 380's the sharpest fader i've used, but like decisive says, they're just too light so when you come to cutting on a rane or vestax, you aren't as sharp...gonna borrow my mates 07 with a pro x for a few weeks though, he's bought a 909 which imo is the worst crossfader about, or one of the worst ,anyway...

No comment on the Rane's?? I used to kinda hate on the ranes when they didn't have the fader curve (54s??) but I've become a beleiver... altho I think the price is kinda retarded.

nah i think the p&g is defenatly not smoother/ nicer than the pro x!!

is used to have pcv's first, than used a p&g for some time, went back to modded pcv's (which i liked A LOT better than the p&g) and now i have a pro x and i'm really happ with it.

the ecler eternal fader is really sick too, i haven't had a chance to really crank a rane ttm56 fader yet though...