Qbert's Scratchlopedia Breaktannica

catch187

not 100% sure but it's alot like...

fader = 2 click 1 click 2 click

hand = tear baby tear

dont worry about doing the tears as such but do the main movement in that triplet feel.

when he does it double speed (or faster triplets) it seems just like its 2clicks all the time and just simple hand movement backwards inbettween the clicks. Doesnt sound like the same scratch. ?

Nah mate, don't think there are any 2 clicks in there (I think vekked has got it right), I was baffled by it myself because he always looks like he's doing 2 clicks but then I realised it's his stupid german fader hand which leads to the illusion...it would appear rafik does a twiddle to achieve 1 click...because he cuts regular he holds the fader open with his thumb and index then "twiddles" to holding it open between thumb and middle finger allowing it to snap back in between creating 1 click.

When he does the scratch in that vid slowly he does chirp normally followed by a 1 click flare forward with his twidddley technique, he then just repeats that exact same pattern in reverse.....it looks like 1 click, 2 click but its actually 1 click 1 click...when he switches to faster he goes to straight twiddle clicks but it's still all single clicks.

:o twiddle-de-deeee

EDIT: Sorry I was talking complete bollocks, there were no twiddle type movements and it definately alternates between 2 clicks and 1 click and Vekked is totally wrong.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not 100% sure but it's alot like...

fader = 2 click 1 click 2 click

hand = tear baby tear

dont worry about doing the tears as such but do the main movement in that triplet feel.

when he does it double speed (or faster triplets) it seems just like its 2clicks all the time and just simple hand movement backwards inbettween the clicks. Doesnt sound like the same scratch. ?

Nah mate, don't think there are any 2 clicks in there (I think vekked has got it right), I was baffled by it myself because he always looks like he's doing 2 clicks but then I realised it's his stupid german fader hand which leads to the illusion...it would appear rafik does a twiddle to achieve 1 click...because he cuts regular he holds the fader open with his thumb and index then "twiddles" to holding it open between thumb and middle finger allowing it to snap back in between creating 1 click.

When he does the scratch in that vid slowly he does chirp normally followed by a 1 click flare forward with his twidddley technique, he then just repeats that exact same pattern in reverse.....it looks like 1 click, 2 click but its actually 1 click 1 click...when he switches to faster he goes to straight twiddle clicks but it's still all single clicks.

:o twiddle-de-deeee

EDIT: Sorry I was talking complete bollocks, there were no twiddle type movements and it definately alternates between 2 clicks and 1 click and Vekked is totally wrong.

whatever :p

Just checked it. It was on 8, it's now on 30. Is that enough?

Lower is better man. Try setting it to 4.

For example, let's say you have an upload speed of 20Kbps. There are about 80 peers. If you set the number of upload slots to 20, you would have 20 people connected, all downloading from you at around 1Kbps. They would then pass on the data they have to other peers, but sooner or later, the torrent would slow to an absolute crawl, because the fastest anyone is downloading from the seeder (you) is 1Kbps. If you lowered the number of upload slots to 4, you'll connect to fewer people, but they will download at a faster rate (5Kbps on average) and pass on that data at a faster rate, increasing the speed for everyone in the swarm.

1) ruck's delayed flares = boomerangs

2) q's delayed flares = normal 2 clicks aka ruck's gonna be pissed

3) rafik's scratches are way fresher than q's

4)90% of the 'new' scratches are combo's, not even creative ones, like... drag forward, 1 click back, or 2 clicks forward, 1 click back... do people need examples of these?

also the 3 click swing/voltron is also known as the vekked scratch :@

1) ruck's delayed flares = boomerangs

2) q's delayed flares = normal 2 clicks aka ruck's gonna be pissed

3) rafik's scratches are way fresher than q's

4)90% of the 'new' scratches are combo's, not even creative ones, like... drag forward, 1 click back, or 2 clicks forward, 1 click back... do people need examples of these?

also the 3 click swing/voltron is also known as the vekked scratch :@

pretty much spot on apart from no 4, which should read "45% of new scratches are combos and the other 45% are different ways to do swipes/pats which all sound the same and so that only people who scratch on the right deck can do them"