Top 10 worst MCs

Dan

yeah i hear what youre saying, but i used to love nas, not anymore thats all. no need for profanity man.

this thread was for people to express their opinions on who we think as whack emcees, not a thread to express opinion on other's opinions. i said what i said, and thats it.

if you all dont like that i am not into southern chamillionaire tracks, or new nas joints (which yes, is no illmatic) then too bad kids, i dont know what to say to you.

instead, why doesnt everyone be proactive and list these so called great southern rappers in the thread i made about "great emcees." pretty simple...

Edited by Unseen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i hear what youre saying, but i used to love nas, not anymore thats all. no need for profanity man.

this thread was for people to express their opinions on who we think as whack emcees, not a thread to express opinion on other's opinions. i said what i said, and thats it.

if you all dont like that i am not into southern chamillionaire tracks, or new nas joints (which yes, is no illmatic) then too bad kids, i dont know what to say to you.

instead, why doesnt everyone be proactive and list these so called great southern rappers in the thread i made about "great emcees." pretty simple...

fist me without the profanity...is like you without a dick in ya @$$(sorry steve)

k that was uncalled for...but i did put ugk in my top 10 but ya kinda need to understand that, the name tha top 10 of all time shit has been so fucking played out...who wants to talk about that shit... i mean really we can all agree on @ least 3...but i mean...10 worst now thats a conversation and its worth debating imo and at least more intresting to read @ work

and i never asked ya to like them...i actually said....it aint even for you so dont worry about it...although i'm sure i threw some explitive in there somewhere

edit...i always wonder how people can flip flop...how can you claim to love an artist then a few years later think there are weak?......i couldnt name one artist that i actually liked that now i dont....maybe thats just me but that shit always drove me crazy...

they used to go hard....wtf its tha same person...and i mean illmatic you might have been fuckin mad bitches smoking weed everyday..of course ya liked it better....

i dont know...fuck it...thats my 50 cents

keep in mind you talked shit bout southern hip hop....so we have a right to defend it...cause if all you watch is mtv for you info on country rap tunes...ya letting yourself down

i really want to say so much, but its so damn useless...

Here's just a few final fun facts on t his subject...

-Young Jeezy had made a small fortune of $3 million before def jam came to him. I can't stand him, but he won the hearts of his community in the south long before anybody could accuse him of being a talentless marketing scam, or anything of the sort.

-In many ways, Lil Jon is far more "true school" hip hop than Aesop Rock. The MC originally was supposed to complement the beat, he was supposed to get the crowd hyped and involved with the music. If you look at somebody like Lil Jon, they focus on having tight beats, saying shit that people will respond to, and lots of call and response type stuff. Aesop Rock may be able to paraphrase the contents under the letter "Q" in the websters dictionary, but thats not where hip hop came from nor its original spirit (not that I think that matters, but since the subject is already on the table...).

-Yes, biggie was mtv. Very mtv. Maybe you could even consider biggie the first true bling bling rapper to on mtv...

Biggie wearing Versace shades & a BAPE all over print

Some more memories: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_S1fUyW6riE

-Young Jeezy had made a small fortune of $3 million before def jam came to him. I can't stand him, but he won the hearts of his community in the south long before anybody could accuse him of being a talentless marketing scam, or anything of the sort.

Young jeezy is good, mannie fresh kills it on the beats he makes for him. I like the clipse, lil wayne, e40, keak da sneak and all that shit.

nah man, in the US, backpackers tend to indoctrinate kids really young. These kids then proceed to espouse their beliefs like they are "keeping it real" and know the true secret behind good music, unlike everyone else who is actually a "corporate pawn" (or some other superficially defiant & excessively inflammatory statement). Sometimes these people pull their heads out of their asses and grow up, sometimes they move on to the douchebag haven known as www.soulstrut.com.

Sad but true.... and then they get popular for having that "underground" image. I'd rather hear about pimpin hoes and gang shootings than hear some white boy rap about shit like he's got it hard and how the world is bad and america is fucked blah blah blah when they aren't about doing a damn thing to help (rhymesayers)

sometimes peeps like music for more reasons that just the music, who's to say what the right and wrong reasons really are? if someone doesn't like music cuz it's mainstream and corporate or w/e, or likes music because it's underground and independent, rather than objectively which music is better, then I don't really see the problem, because it all has to do with people's beliefs... if someone doesn't eat mass-produced food, or wear clothes from big clothing companies, solely based on some sort of ethical reasoning about consumerism or something, why can't they listen base their listening preferences on that reasoning also?

like surely there are some kids that listen to underground music just to fit in with certain people, but doesn't that happen waaay more with mainstream music? like how many kids that listen to underground music aren't aware that there's a mainstream counterpart? probably zero... but how many kids that listen to mainstream music aren't aware that there's an underground counterpart? toooons, probably most... I don't really see the huge problem with people liking underground music just for the image, or just because it's underground or what not, they'd be doing it with mainstream music otherwise, and I think I'd rather see the little guys getting the consumers ahead of the big companies... ignorant ppl will be ignorant...

its not thought policing. Like i said, i could care less about any individuals actual musical preferences. What I was annoyed with was the tone in which it was said, and then later in discussion he didn't even stand by his own statements.

Countering a statement with sound reasoning is a form of debate, not thought policing. Thought policing is where you impose and/or censor opinions. Show me one place where I did that. I just stated historical facts.

I got pissed, because this whole anti-corporate/underground/anti-mtv/anti-bling/etc. bullshit is all just as played out as the bitches/hos/bling/blunts/etc. and every bit as cliche.

P.s. I'm not trying to bully anyone, but if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you're statements/arguments are weak, then don't complain when they get knocked down.

music made for the artistic value of music being played out? this is crazy. lil jon being more conceptual than aesop rock? im not having this conversation anymore. granted, i cant stand aesop rock, but lil jon exemplifying the true roots of hip hop is a little extreme in my view. i see that you all are on this tip of keeping it oldskool in rockin parties and making sure you please the crowd, but thats simply it, pleasing the crowd. again, i am no backpacker, and maybe i fit the pretentious profile of a so called backpacker, but i dont get or like the whole southern thing crunk thing. i listed a few southern acts that i really like, and you cats still take it to heart. this isnt about me being ignorant to southern music, ive taken it all in, and i concluded that i think its missing a lot.

and i have defended my claim plenty, if anything its everyone getting their shit in a bunch that are haters. i stated something, you all got frantic. you stated something about my genre, i laughed it off. why? because i am a prententious underground hip hop loving whiteboy. hahaha no not really, im not even white. but you see where i am getting at, this is all about politics, we have our sides chosen. the difference is that you like some or many of the artists i like, but on the flipside, i dont like any southern crunk emcees that you like. that has to mean something...

What is this the PA and Xander thought police show? Unseen expressed an opinion. He's allowed to do that so STFU.

i'm not allowed to defend my region of music?...and even more so when he just talked a bunch of shit...fuck you dude...i'm not policing my thought...call it anti-bashing all i did was

1: make a small joke

2: ask him why he didnt like nas anymore and why he thought about people flip floppin

3:explain to him that i'm sorry he didnt like it...(actually apologized) and said that there is more to it than what you see on mtv and gave my reasons...

i dont care if he's white/black/brown/ purple..saying that southern music is crap is a huge claim....and biggie was fucking mtv..

do yall think tha south is just slow?...can somebody explain how these guys make more money independlty then any other region?.......it is just hating plain and simple....we didnt say shit about NY LA anyone else doing they thing...why everytime i see a post like this the south gets shitted on...and yall dont even research it.....point being i can name way more great southern acts than yall could...and still manage to name a healthy amount in each of your regions..

so my point is if being your OWN BOSS AND MAKING MONEY ON THE INDEPENDENT TIP WITHOUT A MAJOR LABEL IS MAINSTREAM THEN I THINK I WOULD RATHER BE MAINSTREAM...does anybody disagree with that...

i never knocked him for his opinion...but the question was simple...what are some of the worst mc's..he replied anything on MTV.....then said well its mostly southern....what you want me to say

wtf yall get off everyone's fucking nuts...what you can't have a go @ anybody anymore...

i'm only speaking for myself...so you shut tha fuck up......

fucking captain save a hoe...or what...and dextrous? are you fucking gay calling out fashion labels or what.....jesus christ

Explain to me how it is any other way?

Da Da da da dA da Da di da da da di da. Fill it in with words. Simple as. Any tom, dick or harry could do it.

post a motha fucking file bitch

dude what the fuck......i mean really..your going to make that claim...

something i've dedicated a large part of my life to your gonna say anybody could just do.......its that simple huh...and i guess turntablism is just wickky wickky wiccky

fist time i ever got irate on tha scratchnet...

fucking captain save a hoe...or what...and dextrous? are you fucking gay calling out fashion labels or what.....jesus christ

That was me not Dextrous. Big money rap stars have disgusting taste in Fashoin. They have no idea that it's unforgivable to wear all obvious fashion crazes at once. Also they don't realise that the main Italian lot (Armarni/Versace/Dolce & Gabanna) Fell of in the 80s. They are so Ewwww. Trust. The real lot laugh at these rap moguls behind their back. They are the laughing stock of the fashion world.

If I had a Mic at home I'd post a file. I can rap better than most and I think it's easy as hell. That freestyle battle shit is a joke. People jock these guys cause they come upp with words and multi syllable words that rhyme off the top thier heads. And. That is soo easy. Any fool could do it.

ight man whatever.......discuss aka tha greatest mc no one has ever heard

i've won plenty of battles and lost some...and its not fucking easy.(for me)......

but then again...i'm not from where you are from but i know this...i can and will make you look like the jackass you are...and have ya girl/whole family/dead grandma laughing @ you.........and waiting for you to reply cause its so damn easy........

sorry i cant even remember ya fucking name

That was me not Dextrous. Big money rap stars have disgusting taste in Fashoin. They have no idea that it's unforgivable to wear all obvious fashion crazes at once. Also they don't realise that the main Italian lot (Armarni/Versace/Dolce & Gabanna) Fell of in the 80s. They are so Ewwww. Trust. The real lot laugh at these rap moguls behind their back. They are the laughing stock of the fashion world.

rofl.....yea i'm worried about what tha fashion world thinks of me...or anybody

who is this fuckin joan over here

ight man whatever.......dex aka tha greatest mc no one has ever heard

Lol. I'm not Dex.

Typical MC. Head too Far up their own Asss.

not typically person...saw a complete jackass...and doenst pay them much mind

dude say what you want about me...i make music that actually centers around dj's...

so go fuck yourself