Top 10 worst MCs

Dan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guru def deserves to be up there..."Lemonade is a popular drink and it still is"...for taht alone!

lol @ someone suggesting teh Game is anything other than marketable meathead

stop arguing ladies because the 10 worst mc's of all time are DEFFO all german mc's anyways...

Well, you should hear some of Switzerland. They can def compete with your german ones :((

guru def deserves to be up there..."Lemonade is a popular drink and it still is"...for taht alone!

Yeah but he is forgiven for rhyming it with 'Bruce Willis".

I dunno it's a tough one really. Diamond D isn't exactly God's gift to the mic but he's still done verses that are classic.

so do you think he sold out or is he still on par?

i'm not sure.... :( ...i don't think so...i just think his first album was him doing alot of things different...

picture perfect feat bun b was like old school cham to me...and my fav song on the cd by far...

and his new single is def not mainstream to me...so i guess the jury is still out...

officially i think he can turn it on when he wants to...and he caught alot of shit for his last album...so i think he will bring it alot more on this one...

I agree there are rappers that get worse over time, but there are others that were simply never good i.e. Lloyd Banks, Jim Jones, Diddy, etc.

yo, what about we fly high? classic hip-hop right thurr, it made me put 'balllllllin' into my vocabulary

"Lemonade WAS a popular drink and it still is"...for taht alone!

Come on , Guru's not one of the 10 Worst Mc's in the WORLD.

Plus that lines ill.Its memorable , its fun , and one of the last things any other MC would thing about starting a verse with.

i'm not sure.... :( ...i don't think so...i just think his first album was him doing alot of things different...

picture perfect feat bun b was like old school cham to me...and my fav song on the cd by far...

and his new single is def not mainstream to me...so i guess the jury is still out...

officially i think he can turn it on when he wants to...and he caught alot of shit for his last album...so i think he will bring it alot more on this one...

i feel it.

that's the thing about rating MC's though.... what one person says is going to come across a lot differently to people from different backgrounds. But that's the beauty of hip-hop IMO, it is what the person listening chooses to take out of it that makes it dope. Who gives a fuck what other people think? even if some hip-hop encyclopedia know-it-all says your wack, that person doesn't really know shit if they haven't walked in the same shoes.

as for chamillionaire... i admit to not knowing a damn thing about him besides that ridin dirty track, which was probably one of the worst beats i've ever heard. And i just can't get over his name. i mean come on, chamillionaire? :z

i feel it.

that's the thing about rating MC's though.... what one person says is going to come across a lot differently to people from different backgrounds. But that's the beauty of hip-hop IMO, it is what the person listening chooses to take out of it that makes it dope. Who gives a fuck what other people think? even if some hip-hop encyclopedia know-it-all says your wack, that person doesn't really know shit if they haven't walked in the same shoes.

as for chamillionaire... i admit to not knowing a damn thing about him besides that ridin dirty track, which was probably one of the worst beats i've ever heard. And i just can't get over his name. i mean come on, chamillionaire? :z

actually thats funny, cause i really refuse to call him chamillionaire...it was chamillion...(reptile)..aka king koopa (his best name i thought)...koop, cham...

but thats how it goes...became a millionaire...so i guess it made cents* to him...

i agree though about what your saying...there are people on that list and suggested that i think are dope...but critics wouldnt have a job, and i wouldnt have wasted this 3 mins of my life without it...

but cham def has alot of oringinal and great wordplay

anything on MTV.

anything that has the 16th timing hi hat.

anything that involves hos, bling, money and dubs (see the first one).

ex.) "this is why im hot, this is why im hot. you aint cuz you not."

uhh??? what??? probably the most ridiculous lyrics ever.

youre better off asking heads to list TOP 10 emcees. thats some real discussion.

Edited by Unseen

lol......yea....i saw somebody talk about the mims track.....

he really just kinda brought it old school the hook didnt bother me at all...my fav part of that song...

as a writer sometimes keeping it simple can be really hard but simplicity usally sounds better

and i've been thinking about the game......

the game is over-rated...i think his word play is pretty shitty @ times but thats just my opinion....i would not say he is in the top ten of lyricists out right now...mainstream or otherwise...but he's got good metaphors...i just can't get over how much a fucking tool he is....you can be a great rapper and not be just an asshole...

plus he wouldnt be shit without 50 and there aint alot else that would convince me otherwise because i heard him before he blew up...and he sat on dre's label not doing shit until 50 came to his rescue.....so to me tha game is a bitch...

plus he's beefed with yukmouth (for no reason) and he's a rap-a-lot artist so i'm geographically bound to tell game he can go fuck himself if i ever seen him in person...

so i'll be looking forward to that.........i'll let you know how it goes

anything on MTV.

anything that has the 16th timing hi hat.

anything that involves hos, bling, money and dubs (see the first one).

ex.) "this is why im hot, this is why im hot. you aint cuz you not."

uhh??? what??? probably the most ridiculous lyrics ever.

youre better off asking heads to list TOP 10 emcees. thats some real discussion.

Now thats what I call a mature, well rounded opinion.

Here's a song w/ 16th hi hat timing that will rape most backpacker shit...

http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/%7Efil...hats%20Life.mp3

Here's a list of MCs that rap about material possessions: ODB, Masta Ace, Nas (MTV), Rakim, Murs, Biggie (you probably don't consider him "real" though), Jay-Z (probably not "real" either), Ludacris (MTV and DEFINATELY not real, I'm sure) and probably nearly anybody else. If they don't rap about material shit, I'm sure they've rapped about being promiscuous.

Are you over 18?

nah man, in the US, backpackers tend to indoctrinate kids really young. These kids then proceed to espouse their beliefs like they are "keeping it real" and know the true secret behind good music, unlike everyone else who is actually a "corporate pawn" (or some other superficially defiant & excessively inflammatory statement). Sometimes these people pull their heads out of their asses and grow up, sometimes they move on to the douchebag haven known as www.soulstrut.com.

As for the killer mike song, did u listen to the lyrics? I can understand somebody not liking the beat (although I think its pretty sick for a southern beat), but the flow is tight, the lyrics are intelligent and not pretentious (a rare combo). If ol' boy is all about conscious hip hop and not being materialistic, etc., i think this is the epitome of that. Better it said in the voice and the style of somebody in the community than some preachy, entitled outsider.

The "over 18" comment was not directed towards his preference in music, but his attitude and the way he said what he said. Anybody who speaks in blanketing statements like that, especially when judging music based on its commercial success, has a juvenile mindset.

Jean Paul Sartre became a world renowned author in his lifetime. It didn't lessen the quality of his philosophy.

Picasso made a killing off his art while he was alive, it doesn't make him any less artistic.

Biggie went from hustling rocks to stacking plaques, it doesn't make him any less sick.

What if he just doesn't like certain kinds of music man? I disagree with him about the money, bling and hos thing too, cos rappers have always talked about that shit.

On DJ Forums they have a pinned thread where people can add tracks they feel are going to be future radio/club hits. I often check them out, and I have only ever heard one track that I liked. I know there's a time and place for most styles of music - hip hop has to have a fun/danceable element to it too - but there is something about the "MTV" (for want of a better description) current style of hip hop that leaves me cold. It's getting to the point where you might as well press the demo button on a Bontempi organ and have some doods going "Uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh" in time to the slow as fuck beat that seems to be the in thing at the moment.

yeah im over 18, probably older than you are too. that track you gave us, in my eyes, was a complete disaster. if you like it, thats your prerogative. the lyrics arent that great, nothing i havent heard from any other played out southern sound, the flow is mad whack. anyone can make that style flow, i mean anyone (maybe not me, i dont rap). the message is on point, but thats as arbitrary as anyone putting anything down on wax with the right message. im sorry man if you think i am stereotyping "southern" rappers and those who listen to the genre, but i just dont get it. if you think that "killa mike" (in which his name is already an antithesis to aesthetic hip hop) is comparable to the emcees that i listed, i dont know man, there's not much i can do to open your eyes. you want to talk about good southern hip hop, talk about cunninlinguist, or even old skool outkast, but dont throw killa mike jones paul wall to the skeet skeet stuff at me.

maybe thats the problem here, maybe youre talking about rap, while i am not.

and trying to correlate artists such as picasso with fame and money making, youre totally twisted homey. this has nothing to do with airtime, publicity, or recognition. i like biggie and he was huge. its just about musical composition and whatever you want to call "keepin it real." look man, im not trying to argue with you, this is an open thread, and youre entitled to your opinion, just dont presume that i am 18.

yeah im over 18, probably older than you are too. that track you gave us, in my eyes, was a complete disaster. if you like it, thats your prerogative. the lyrics arent that great, nothing i havent heard from any other played out southern sound, the flow is mad whack. anyone can make that style flow, i mean anyone (maybe not me, i dont rap). the message is on point, but thats as arbitrary as anyone putting anything down on wax with the right message. im sorry man if you think i am stereotyping "southern" rappers and those who listen to the genre, but i just dont get it. if you think that "killa mike" (in which his name is already an antithesis to aesthetic hip hop) is comparable to the emcees that i listed, i dont know man, there's not much i can do to open your eyes. you want to talk about good southern hip hop, talk about cunninlinguist, or even old skool outkast, but dont throw killa mike jones paul wall to the skeet skeet stuff at me.

maybe thats the problem here, maybe youre talking about rap, while i am not.

and trying to correlate artists such as picasso with fame and money making, youre totally twisted homey. this has nothing to do with airtime, publicity, or recognition. i like biggie and he was huge. its just about musical composition and whatever you want to call "keepin it real." look man, im not trying to argue with you, this is an open thread, and youre entitled to your opinion, just dont presume that i am 18.

so what you get skeeted on alot or what?

killa mike is ight man......you sound maybe like you know what your talking about but if you do not live below the mason dixon...fuck you cause "southern hip hop" wasnt made for you anyway

kna mean...nothin personal

said it a million times COUNTRY RAP TUNES

outkast and Ugk =best musical composition or "beats" in american hip hop since 1992

and i got plenty of files to post to prove my point

Killa Mike's name is the the antithesis of hip hop aesthetic?

Nasty Nas...

Jeru the Damaja...

Gravediggaz...

Killa priest...

Ghostface Killah...

They're all against the hip hop aesthetic?

Where are you getting you definition of the "hip hop" aesthetic? Style wars? Don't get me wrong, I love old school shit, but what the hell are you talking about man?

If you don't like the music, that's cool. I personally don't like UK hip hop, but I don't go around saying how its despicable, etc. etc., I saw that I cannot understand/get into it. When i listen to uk hip hop, it sounds like they can't rhyme 2 words that are spelled the same, but its MY inability to understand not the quality of the music.

Btw, you automatically discredited your own exaggerated statement of "anything MtV" being horrible by saying you like Biggie. I don't care what your personal preferences are, but don't go around making blanketing statements that you don't even believe in.

ok so we agree to disagree. but is biggie really MTV? i mean think about it, is he really? maybe i need to clearly define what i mean by "MTV." so let me ask you this since you feel as if i throw blanket statements on music you listen to...would you and do you feel comfortable as being known for someone who appreciates music commonly found on MTV? its a rhetorical question with an obvious answer, so why can you throw so called blanket statements on me being a backpacker? i just like hip hop, not rap, not digging crates backpack underground hiphop, not southern crunk, just hip hop. from my experiences, the content of which these emcees talk about has nothing to do with money or material possessions. i dont even like political hip hop, ie. capital D. but the content material is just about the music, or just mundane shit. latest cd ive been pumping is people under the stairs - stepfather. most of it is about the music itself, food and barbeques.

all i am saying is that i dont like music on MTV. it just happens to be coincidence that a lot of it is southern sounding stuff. maybe thats just the trend right now, who knows. i dont like the style of flow, i dont like much of the lyrical content, and i dont feel it, simple and plain. if you as an aficionado of music can understand where i come from, then we're good. if you want to drop more lines about heads like nas (who is now beat as hell), and ghostface who is holding on to anything he knows by collabing with true heads, then its cool, keep on.

nas beat as hell?........

dude fuck off.....and not for you thought out shit..........who are you to judge nas?

oohh...i get it "you mad cause he styling on you"

when did staying on top of tha game for 10 years become beat as hell?......for some reason that statement bothered me..

alot...but whatever i'll wait for you to go more off on him before i judge it..(net lesson #597)

and as far as tha "lean and rock" movement goes....i can't really stand it myself but i'll put it like pimp c said one time

we need every type of music because we can take from each what we want, also its necessary to influence the next generation......and you might say...that be inspiring?..well who thought big moe would influence anybody....well he did.... me...same thing with all southern music in general..i made up my mind to make the type of music i make but with the flare of southern style.....

now i figure i'm not the only one (ricta could jump in as far as mc's go)...but i figure artists are influenced by tons of different factors...so while you might not like it...i think your point...is just kinda like what everyone always says......your a hater...so do your job...

but understand this...i hope ya can...those mtv artists...did not make that music for an mtv crowd....unlike NY La...in the south ..you have to hustle to get a deal and alot of times they dont even get one.....but tha hood buys those records out the trunks of those guys...

ludacris sold 50,000 by himself..before he ever got signed...so i'm sorry ya dont like it...again it wasnt made to be crammed down ya throat..it was made knowing that if they area didnt like it, it didnt matter how many people bought the album they still wouldnt be shit in they area...and in the south.....thats what it is all about....

can't knock the hustle.....