Nice wallpaper for ya

Clownstyle

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

Steve, the reason it works fine first time for me is because the XP Pro SP2 version I'm using already has a patched UXTheme file or whatever it's called. You know on the disc I gave you with XP Pro & SP2 streamlined? That's the one. If you look at the agreement (before you press F8 and install Windows) it tells you about it there.

Guest the_dood

Can someone help me get that black xp to work, please. Having the same problems sigma was having, my background just goes grey.

Guest Deeswift

That's my desktop now. Anyone know where to get some good icons? I'd like some metallic/chrome looking ones just for the desktop icons.

Did you ever find any good icons? Try www.wincustomize.com and look in the Icon Packager section maybe.

My current desktop is fresh... rocking the official DV wallpaper. Download my desktop screenshot and you can pretend to be me, with my home made AMD logo recycle bin which changes from green to blue. Werd.

Guest Deeswift

For the icons on Wincustomize, you need IconPackager by Stardock. The icons are applied as iconpacks. A tip: if you download more than 5 things from Wincustomize it tries to make you register. Just clear the browser cache to carry on downloading more.

Some of the best icons I've seen are actually for ObjectDock. If you take a look in the ObjectDock section on Wincustomize, you can download nice quality .png's then convert them to icons yourself. I'd recommend Axialis IconWorkshop 5.

Windows can change most icons for the whole system already, so you can change many of them with no third-party programs such as IconPackager. This is kinda a long way round, but to do this, right-click the desktop > Properties >Desktop > Customize Desktop.

If you need any of those icon programs btw, give me a shout.