x2k

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS PORTAL?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS PORTAL?

• Like it, much better than the old one
    • Not Fussed
    • Hate it, bring back the old one
    • Never use the portal anyway

To be honest I don't give a flying fuck about the portal, never have done...it always pissed me off because the old one always had to be refreshed to see what new posts had been posted....for me it's always been about the "View New Post" page, I just bookmark that and always go there...the portal only show you the 20 most recent posts, view new posts shows all the one you've not read so I prefer that.

So that being said, you all can have whatever portal you want, personally I like this one better but like I said I don't care because I never use it, also I guess I'm not attached to the old one like all you portal heads.

Oh, and Gizmo...it's still got the list of topics on this portal like the old one, just scroll down the page, it's on the left...actually I'm gonna change that now, I've had an idea...come back soon!

That's better Tom - much better. Just get this thing reskinned! it's much easier than you think.

I know it's easy...the thing is we want the skins we had before back...maybe we should have a custom dv template (we certainly need a better frontpage, although you're pie is excellent and we should keep that on it) but even if we do that then I still think we'll keep the old ones because some people are too stubborn to accept a change :p Our originals skins are now in beta testing anyway so it won't be long.

I would have a bash at doing one myself but I'm crap at graphic design and there are far more qualified people on the board to design something, however, whenever a chance for people to redesign the site is thrown out then theres a rush of excitement which quickly fizzels out and disappears...maybe I should do a skin then when everyone sees how bad it is they'll insist on making a better one :p Saying that my front page has lasted far too long as it is.

Hate it. The entire forum is much too large for me

The older DV forum was centered nicely in the page and didn't take up the whole browser like this one does. I find it harder to browse around now

The older DV forum was centered nicely in the page and didn't take up the whole browser like this one does. I find it harder to browse around now

That's just the skin, it's got fuck all to do with the portal...skin is coming soon.

That's just the skin, it's got fuck all to do with the portal...skin is coming soon.

It has a whole lot to do with the portal. The portal itself is massive...

That will be sorted when we install the new skins, which hopefully should be soon as they're being beta tested now. I hate the full width thing too.

It has a whole lot to do with the portal. The portal itself is massive...

yeah, because it hasn't got the skin on it.

This is how it's gonna work (hopefully): -

At the top of each page will be 3 links - Forum Index, Today's Topics, Portal. That way you can jump to any of those pages with one mouse click. Once the new skins are sorted, there will be a button at the bottom of each post that takes you back to the list of new topics (a bit like the old board). Then it's up to you whether you bookmark the forum index or the active topics list. It's better like this, cos then we don't have to use a third party add-on. If it doesn't work out though, obviously we'll change it, but I reckon it'll be sound.

is it just me or are all the posts in the portal a couple of months old?

Yeah, there is something funny going on there, basically it's not meant to show the most recent posts, it for new & articles and shit, I need to re-configure it but for some reason I've been locked out the admin area..STEVE!!!! HELP!!!