Just pre-ordered a Wii

Steve

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's wii sports?

It's baseball, tennis, golf, boxing and a couple of other sports games rolled into one. From what I've seen, the graphics are nothing special, but all the games showcase the Wii Remote, so you swing it like a racquet to play tennis etc.

what's wii sports?

It's baseball, tennis, golf, boxing and a couple of other sports games rolled into one. From what I've seen, the graphics are nothing special, but all the games showcase the Wii Remote, so you swing it like a racquet to play tennis etc.

ahhwicked, that sounds quality!!

what's wii sports?

ahhwicked, that sounds quality!!

There's a demo vid here: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yitH7sgjO80

£179.99 from HMV, which is for the basic package - the Wii, one controller and Wii Sports.

OH SHIT! You can't go wrong for that price, eh?

I want one but don't think I'm gonna get any of the new systems... I want a P3 and Wii but just can't imagine when I would have the time to even play!

What's nuts is that's about the same price as the SNES was fucking 15 yrs ago! ...not even counting inflation, so probably CHEAPER that a SNES!

I assume Wii Sports is inside the main box with the console if it comes with every one. I definitely want Zelda, but I have a feeling it will get delayed. I'm gonna grab that Red Steel game too, cos that looks wicked.

I've decided what I'm gonna do anyway. I'm gonna stick with the one pre-order, but if they're going for silly money on eBay when mine arrives I'll just sell it for a profit then buy another one when stores get new stock. I'm not really in any rush for it.

Yeah, I mean if you can more than double your money like that American guy did on eBay, then you'd be daft to hang on to it. Zelda is the big game on the Wii, so if that sells out too you'd sell it easy, especially with Christmas coming up.

Steve, just thought I'd bump this thread as I've heard eBay are clamping down on selling pre-orders. Apparently it voilates their T&C's, which say you need to have the item in your possesion to sell it... haven't seen this myself but it might be worth looking it up anyway if you decide to sell.

Cheers man. I have looked already. The rules are different in the UK to the US, but in the UK you have to be able to guarantee that you can deliver the item within 30 days of the close of the auction. I don't think any store actually guarantees the date of delivery on the Wii, so you've gotta be careful. I'm gonna wait until it's been delivered and then see what the situation is.

Rules for listing pre-orders on eBay in the US if anyone's interested: -

Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).

The seller must only accept payment through PayPal, and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.

The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.