SAMPLERS! Who uses what?

I use a MPC 2000XL with external zip... but just won this on ebay for $66... supposed to be working well--keeping my fingers crossed!

Anybody got one of the limited edition 2000xl's???? ...or know where to buy a custom face plate for one?

Yep the SP-404 is Rolands 3rd release in the Dr.Sample series of products. It kicks ass, much like the SP-303 did when it came out. Its nothing like an MPC. It doesn't do crazy timestretching, but as for everything else its amazing. The SP-404 has the ability of running off 6xAA's for portability. It's sick to have alongside your turntables for phrasing and it doubles as an FX unit with like 30 different FX. I've seen some producers use these to perform live and Madlib still uses his SP-303 for something like 90% of his production.

If I could get an SP-1200 it would indeed be a gift from GOD. 10seconds of sampling time, but the grimeyness capable from that machine is unmatched by anything out there. As long as you know the special technique to achieve it. I hope to have one someday!

"JEL - 10 seconds" is a prime example. Hence the album name.

^^^^LAME.

Seriously, tho.... Do you use a Akai MPD 16 with that?? What program do you use to assign the pads?

I use a Laptop, Reason, a M-Audio Trigger Finger, and Sound Forge.

I alspo use my PDA for live sampling when I am out and about.

Wow... your one of two people I know that uses (or wants to use) DATs... That's pretty tight! Not my deal tho... at least not in the home studio.

I use a shitty Panasonic tape recorder. Usually an 8th inch to 8th inch, record a whole tape worth of shit and then I record it into my computer

Sounds like hell but it has some dope character at times

Wow... your one of two people I know that uses (or wants to use) DATs... That's pretty tight! Not my deal tho... at least not in the home studio.

i just don't really know how to use my pc sync's with my sampler and then master back to My PC. I did a music technology degree, but didn't seem to learn much at all about sound recording....mainly down to my work ethic though.

boss loopstation 3 fs5 u pedals, p.c. acid pro , adobe audition , sonar producer edition, fruity loops, soundforge, cakewalk pro. an 05sl 2 techs turns and a whole shitload of records bout 6000 last count. beringer mixer for running all the outs to. hopefully adding an mpc to that very very soon.

a whole shitload of records bout 6000 last count.

I wanna see a pic.... I just would like to see that many records and I kinda don't belive you... just b/c I know a lotta people that are like "I have two thousand records" and it look like they do, but then you coun em up and it's really more like 300.

the reason i have so many is probably due to the fact im 38 and been collecting since i was nine years old, with age comes a sick collection, half at home half in storage at my sisters, i'll get some pics sorted. also anyone who knows me ..haternob mr ed etc will tell you just what i'm like when it comes to me and vinyl . i live for the stuff and never stop digging. went to the states twice last year on the hunt for reords and got stung big time on the excess baggage. had trouble at jfk airport for trying to carry a handytrax through but thats a diffrent story for another day.