PDX Owners?

Steve

I vary the stop starts quite a lot.

the quartz lock is hella useful in the mix and for drumming, more musically you can essentiall get 4 different notes using just the qurtz lock and the 33/45 buttons too,

I use the reverse in the mix to double the beats up a bit

ultrapitch-to- fuck a lotta tunes (though not vocal tracks)

I've tried using the ultrapitch when beeping, i'm wack at that though, haven't spent enought time practising with it.

the str8 tone arm is killer !!

not having fixed connections is a bonus too..

I like my technics (except the mono one!) but they feel like they were designed to listen to music on, my pdx's feel like they were designed to let rip!!!

I would use the extra features alot. My str8100s have a ton of extras I love and not to mention the extra features on my CDX. I am just getting the hang of using it like a sampler as well. Plus when using it like a sampler the on board FX come in handy.

Seems like in order to really take hold of the extra features you would have to be composing with your turntable as the main source with a knowledge of key. The joystick is like a pitch/mod wheel on a keybaord. The extra pitch range gives you full octaves of keys to work with. but these are new ideas that are being applied. Soon I think these extra features will make more sense.

for example...

I walk into to guitar center and I am in the DJ section checking out the turntables. They only have Techs, Nuemarks, and Stantons out on display. They have a PDX hidden in a glass case kinda as just decoration. So I spark a conversation with the guy thats head of the DJ department"

I say " How do you like those PDXs" ...In short

He says "the techs are the way to maybe stanton but all those extra features are useless." ...In short

I say "well I think the extra features put heads above the tehnics for composing music. Using the extra pitch to create orginal melodies and scales."

Well he says " Why dont you just go by a keyboard"

I say " I am not a keyboardist, I am a turntablist"

He kinda saw where I am coming from and I think has a different understanding of what I was saying. His whole world of music was blending it together and not creating where the lack of features play no role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i used technics 1200s since 1986, but found that they lack the features of the vestax tables.

so after such a long time, i sold my 1200s and am in the middle of buying some pdxs...

im looking forward to the extra features they offer.

:d

sup with this skype thing? never heard of it...

Check the Skype user guide here: -

http://digitalvertigo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1655

It's basically a chat program aimed at voice chat instead of text. The best thing about it is you can have up to 5 people connected at once for conferences. Plug your mixer into the line in of your PC and you get high quality sound (with broadband) and virtually no lag.