Repeating sets WTF?

jsong56

shit man whats the deal with supposedly world class battle dj's repeating their sets???

its absolutely fuckt. i think it should be a automatic disqualification.

you got last years supremacy champ (pro zeiko) who fucking won by repeating EVERY SINGLE ONE of his sets to win against IRIE who came new everytime.

then you get troubl repeating a set this year?

jekey also done it in the 2002 supremacy against netik.

i think it is outright whack and a insult to your opponent.

as DOPE as pro zeiko is, how can someone win a world title regurgitating their sets?

i know pro zeiko won last year but i thought id bring it up seeing that troubl done the same this year.

opinions?

well, I think the main difference is zeiko was a lot better than irie, and the sets he repeated were a lot better than irie's (didn't irie repeat a set too tho?), whereas coma's still a really sick dj, and when troubl repeated, and messed up when he repeated it, coma used solid original stuff and took him out (I didn't actually see what coma used against troubl, but I saw coma showcase after the 6 min battles today and he brought some heat)... I don't think it should be a disqualification, but like... any guy who's serious about winning should realize if he repeats sets, it's not going to have the same impact, judges are going to see it, and unless the other guy is much weaker, they're prolly gonna get beaten

also, with troubl, like come on... guy has tons of sets he could draw from (prefuse what?) so he wouldn't have to repeat, and he's had 4 years to work on new material, zeiko was a new jack (well comparably, maybe he's been around for a bit tho) when he competed... troubl doesn't really have an excuse

I think troubl probably repeated because he had to go up against Unkut earlier and use the routine he intended to win with then, far earlier that he intended. Then I guess when he got to the final he felt more confident with routine he used earlier than one of his other ones...that's just a guess but I don't reckon I'm far off the mark.

think x2k said it really ... the supremacy battles are pretty hard , mostly cause you;'e got to figure out which sets to pull out against which DJ's.. IMO it should have been an unkut vs troubl final (i didn't feel coma's style, but thats just personal taste). The way things were going it could have been a needle split / troubl final annd then repeating the set would have smashed it anyways ... Some poeple had a really easy route so could hold back on the fire, while others had to give up the good shit early only ... the nature of the supremacy means you've got to be prepared for that kind of thing...and i guess the moral of the story is good prepration negates the need for good luck..

i personally couldnt give a shit. unless you win a battle, then come back next year with some of the same shit it's fair game.

im down with that.

agreed man

I don't get this shit, treating routines like they're pay as you go topup cards or something, use them then throw them away. Nah. Good routine is a good routine. If you use the same routine loads, the judges won't be as impressed anyway so unless the routines are hot you're handicapping yourself anyway

i personally couldnt give a shit. unless you win a battle, then come back next year with some of the same shit it's fair game.

im down with that.

agreed man

I don't get this shit, treating routines like they're pay as you go topup cards or something, use them then throw them away. Nah. Good routine is a good routine. If you use the same routine loads, the judges won't be as impressed anyway so unless the routines are hot you're handicapping yourself anyway

exactly