Cracking deal on DVD-R discs

Steve

I don't usually shop at PC World, but I needed some discs urgently. I picked up a 25 pack of Philips DVD-R which were priced at £12.99 (rip off!), but when the guy on the till scanned them in, they were £2.97. They're being sold off cheap cos they're not very popular. I ended up buying 200.

Aye. I had to put up with some patronising fat kid telling me that the firmware in my DVD writer needed updating, even though I told him it already has the most recent. I got my money back, but they wouldn't give me the £2.97 for the pack I'd opened. Cheeky fuckers.

Why is it anything that you are interested in buying in PCWorld is never priced right. I mean everything else can be priced but when you decide to purchase something it never has a price on it or it is the wrong price.

The shop should go fooking bust!

yeh its like dixons..they tried to sell me a £27 warranty for a £30 product.

steve take the discs back and demand your money back. The product is not fit for purpose and therefore you are entitled to the money back or an exchange (and its money not vouchers) even if you have opened it up

yeh its like dixons..they tried to sell me a £27 warranty for a £30 product.

steve take the discs back and demand your money back. The product is not fit for purpose and therefore you are entitled to the money back or an exchange (and its money not vouchers) even if you have opened it up

Yeah demand your money back but at the £12.99 price, you could make yourself a tidy profit there :p

I don't usually shop at PC World, but I needed some discs urgently. I picked up a 25 pack of Philips DVD-R which were priced at £12.99 (rip off!), but when the guy on the till scanned them in, they were £2.97. They're being sold off cheap cos they're not very popular. I ended up buying 200.

now you know why theyre not very popular :@@

I spoke too soon! I had firmware version A105 on my LG DVD writer, which I thought was the latest one. I found A106 on the web, installed it and now the discs burn perfectly. I guess I owe the PC World guy an apology - not that he's gonna get one. Haha. I'll be back down there on Monday morning to buy a shit load more of these.

I guess I owe the PC World guy an apology - not that he's gonna get one. Haha. I'll be back down there on Monday morning to buy a shit load more of these.

lmao nice one ste..if he asks why are you buying more if they dont work, tell him...because your sending them to bbc watchdog...and then watch his face :s