slipmats

kiqbaq

well i needed a pair of new slipmats.... my technis were picking up dust and was gettin on my records..

i got these pair of vestax slipmats and ahhhh i dont like them that much... i thought they were going to be like the technics ones... which are .....hard?? i dont know how to say it..

the techs you cant bend them all the way cuz they are stiff.. and the vestax ones are wear like my old gemini slipmats..

anyone know what kind the technics are called? felt or somthin?

Personally I just use regular felt mats. I don't like butter rugs cos to me they're too slippery. When I do pats, the record stops completely no matter how gentle I am. I have a pair of those Vestax Scratchmats too - worst purchase I ever made. They're almost like solid fucking plastic. They should be called gripmats not slipmats.

I've got two pairs I use - a regular felt Vestax set and some personalised Sigma Slikmats I had made that are really nice.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebluck/images/Sigma%20Slikmat.jpg

what style are the regular stock slipmats for tech m3ds called?(the ones i had)

those vestax ones i just got.. they are regular kind not with a plasic on them but they are not a solid disc, but more flimsy or whatever

and thats a tight slipmat you got there sig where u get that done?

www.slikmats.com

Take a look at the gallery there. Mine's just a basic template with my name added, but if you have a flair for design you can upload your own stuff and they'll print it onto the mats. They're a nice quality too. Here's one they did for the Scratch Perverts..........

http://www.slikmats.com/acatalog/slipmats_gallery03.jpg

They're £20/$35 but then you are getting something totally unique.

• 1 year later...

i use sicmats which are great to use..never had a problem with them and been using them for 2years now

Guest Vekked

I dunno why, but I butters of slikmats on my ttx's and they feel fine, but if I use anything but crappy old-school felt grip mats on 1200's it feels to slippery and I get then lag with my release...

tes whatever you're used to me thinks, iv used butterugs for a couple years now... for things like lazers n scratches like that they'r better i rekon, that aside theres nowt much in it,

i personally think you get/have more control when you use the thinner mats becuase a smaller movement has more effect so the deftest of touches can make a difference, but hey, thats probably total bollox n there's fuck all tween them.

ps. those scratchperv mats are minging!!!

pps. the vestax plasticmats were the worst iv ever nearly used...