Another New track, Need help finishing!

hey guys, sorry to go crazy on the audio posts lately. It's 6:30am Brisbane time and i just got done on the rough draft of this track.

Problem is i need some more scratching from 1:58 onwards. Anyone care to volunteer their services?

Check the track out. (this is an updated version, the version before this had MAJOR Level issues in the mix!!)

Metal Ain't Dead

The title gives you an idea of what the tracks about. As has become the way, it's all scratched, and at 6:30am, i'm feeling ok about it. BPM is 154, so it's definitely for the people feeling a little adventurous!!

As usual, the more comments (or scratchers!) the better.

Peace out

damn, those levels suck! that's what happens when you're monitoring in crappy headphones because your flatmates are sleeping.

will fix and re-up in an hour or two.

oh and why the hell does the track have so much silence at the end!! i need some sleep, seriously!

I like the idea of the track, but I'd keep the snares simpler...seriously...keep the drums reeeeeeeaaaal simple...like this it's a bit hectic and I think if it were a bit more "chilled" then it work a bit better...

Good job though.

nice idea - the background guitar riff is hoard.

the first thing i noticed was the track is just screaming for a half time drum break when the drums come again in at 2 mins imo. also i agree with bubba you should keep the drums a little simpler - they sound a little off to me(could be the hi hat is just off though) so you might try to clean the drums or hats up a little...

the first thing i noticed was the track is just screaming for a half time drum break when the drums come again in at 2 mins imo. also i agree with bubba you should keep the drums a little simpler -

Cheers man, i really like the idea of the half time drum break, i'm gonna give that one a shot.

as for cleaning up those drums, yeah, i'm gonna give that a shot too. They definitely need fixing. Might bang out the drums on the MPC instead, although then i feel like i'm cheating with my "turntable music."

What do you guys think, is it cheating, or is the end result the only thing that really matters?

Guest Ryan

Theres no such thing as "cheating" when it comes to makin music.. Well unless you're putting your name on someone elses work.

Guest Ryan

Theres no such thing as "cheating" when it comes to makin music.. Well unless you're putting your name on someone elses work.

You should check out 2tall's music...I mean he'll programme the drums and cut the melodies or well, I mean he's just waaay out anyways, so you should check his music.

Seriously, if it were me, I'd make the whole thing half time - with programmed drums. It's just that to me the turntable should be used minimalisticlly - i.e. simple cuts for the melody, percussion can be a bit more complicated and then in the last 8 bars you can add like some proper cuts to give the whole track this crazy climax...dunno, maybe you think differently than I do on this topic...it's just that I can't stand too much of the - look this track was made only on turntables - cuz you have to be sooooooooo fucking good for it not to sound sloppy-ish. Not that your stuff does sound sloppy, but I guess you'll understand what I mean...Most of the time tracks like this just tend to sound too hectic...i.e. as if someone were trying too hard. So if it were my track or something...I'd take the riff cuts etc. progamme some simple half time drums...cut the high-hats and have them reaaaaly quitely in the background and then yeah...cut some vocal samples like you did....

Hope you don't take this the wrong way...

Edited by Bubba