M-Audio Delta 1010lt

Guest sirchickski

Guest sirchickski

Do you need a mixer with this soundcard ? cos someone said it comes with one and some one else said it dont. and someone else said it has an internal software mixer, meaning u dont need a hardware mixer.. and someone else said the quality of hardware mixers to software mixers are better? Arrgghh

confusssseeed.com!

help :(

Guest sirchickski

yeh i know i already bought it. but do i get a mixer for it or do i stick with an internal software one.. software/hardware whats better? in terms of quality.

yeh i know i already bought it. but do i get a mixer for it or do i stick with an internal software one.. software/hardware whats better? in terms of quality.

I'm not sure if i fully understand what your saying but the software and hardware mixers are going to serve different purposes

The software mixer is going to control the master level and the input levels coming into the soundcard

But it depends on what your recording to determine if you really need a hardware mixer or not. The 1010's got 8 1/4" I/O, 1 Midi I/O and 1 SPDIF I/O

So if your just recording your turntables you shouldn't really need a seperate mixer but if you want to hook some mics up or prefer a hands on feel you should get a hardware mixer

Hope this helps

pz

Guest sirchickski

Picture this:

Instrument.... to effects pedal... to Mixer(phyiscal object u can touch)... to computer sound card.

Thats option 1!

Or

Instrument... to effects pedal... to computer mixer(software).. to sound card.

Basically you either have a phyiscal hardware mixer or go for a software one.

Cos people are saying one is better than the other and other people are sayign the opposite. So im stupped!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a lil confused why someone would buy this then not know what to do with it -

what i'd do :

Instuments -> soundcard inputs - record stuff on to your hard drive and sequence. Use software mixer to get record levels right (could sample your effected instument here if you wanted)

souncard outs -> 8 channel mixer - stick your effects unit on the mixer effects buss... mix down your sampled and sequenced stuff..apply fx ..monitor on nice speakers, and record to dat ( or feed back into one of the soundcard inputs)

hey presto ... nice sounding stuff

get an outboard mixer for proper eq's and get the real bump, i mix on a 24 track analogue desk and it makes HELLA diffrence.

all this pc shit cannot get the real warmth, no matter how many vintage warmer vst's

get a spirt folio desk or something similar and you have a real gift man, have fun!