Digging Tips?

Guest Vekked

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Bassicly I just grab al the tunes from artists I like, tunes with specific coverart (You really can tell if it's junk or not), & whites.

But since there'is not much to grab in the local stores here lately, I just dig online, going through every sample of new releases.

Bassicly I just grab al the tunes from artists I like, tunes with specific coverart (You really can tell if it's junk or not), & whites.

But since there'is not much to grab in the local stores here lately, I just dig online, going through every sample of new releases.

That aint diggin.

online diggin...

i go diggin online at hmv...

thats not diggin thats buying records...

get some mud on ya shoes and grass stains on ya jeans and some dust on ya fingers...

thats diggin...

One tip I do have, is rather than deciding how much to spend before you go to the crates just pick everything that looks good up without tallying the price, then when you're done count up and put down the stuff you can't afford that looks least likely to be cool. Since I've started doing this rather than deciding i'm going to go spend a fiver in the asis crates or the charity shop etc, I've been picking up less records but a higher concentration of decent ones- for instance I have doubles of just about every bleeding Mantovani or Dvorjak or whatever LP, and with orchestral arrangements like that 95% of the time you *will* find a decent sample if you look hard enough, but you do have to listen to the entire lp. If you get your millionth string quartet/military band/clarinet covers LP it doesn't matter whether it's 5p, it's gonna bum out your creativity listening to the same old shit. Well it does me anyway.

I could probably explain myself better (a hell of a lot better I reckon!) but neighbours is about to start, so YOU LOSE, DV (just thought I'd help a bit with the animosity element in the thread)