wstc 2006 group stages

Guest loop skywalker

Guest loop skywalker

Okay ..we have just made the draw in Sweden and in the UK so this has been the most trusting way to draw.Also congrats to Swordz,tyhandzwell,watts,vekked,sleeper,wave and concept for qualifying in the eliminations.

Here are the groups and fixtures

group 1

switch (uk)

ideaz (malaysia)

shub (canada)

axis (usa)

group 2

dini (usa)

j reign (usa)

broken sword (australia)

vekked (canada)

group 3

i-dee (usa)

lodus (usa)

littlefoot (germany)

as one (usa)

group 4

supreme (usa)

teddy king (usa)

sleeper (usa)

wave (usa)

group 5

irie (holland)

astonish (usa)

shake (usa)

tek threat (usa)

group 6

unkut (germany)

steel (usa)

concept (canada)

tyhandswell (usa)

group7

craim (italy)

grapla (usa)

clear (germany)

wiz 1 (germany)

group 8

shot (italy)

swordz (belgium)

savage (ireland)

watts (usa)

group 1 fixtures

switch v ideaz 14th jan

shub v axis 14th jan

switch v shub 21st jan

ideaz v axis 21st jan

switch v axis 28th jan

ideaz v shub 28th jan

group 2 fixtures

dini v j reign 14th jan

broken sword v vekked 14th jan

dini v broken sword 21st jan

j reign v vekked 21st jan

dini v vekked 28th jan

j reign v broken sword 28th jan

group 3 fixtures

i-dee v lodus 14th jan

littlefoot v as one 14th jan

i-dee v littlefoot 21st jan

lodus v as one 21st jan

i-dee v as one 28th jan

littlefoot v lodus 28th jan

group 4 fixtures

supreme v teddy king 14th jan

sleeper v wave 14th jan

supreme v sleeper 21st jan

teddy king v wave 21st jan

supreme v wave 28th jan

teddy king v sleeper 28th jan

group 5 fixtures

irie v astonish 14th jan

shake v tek threat 14th jan

irie v shake 21st jan

astonish v tek threat 21st jan

irie v tek threat 28th jan

astonish v shake 28th jan

group 6 fixtures

unkut v steel 14th jan

concept v tyhandzwell 14th jan

unkut v concept 21st jan

steel v tyhandzwell 21st jan

unkut v tyhandzwell 28th jan

steel v concept 28th jan

group 7 fixtures

craim v grapla 14th jan

clear v wiz 1 14th jan

craim v clear 21st jan

grapla v wiz 1 21st jan

craim v wiz 1 28th jan

grapla v clear 28th jan

group 8 fixtures

shot v swordz 14th jan

savwar v watts 14th jan

shot v savwar 21st jan

swordz v watts 21st jan

shot v watts 28th jan

swordz v savwar 28th jan

pft, nutrider admin? more like n00brider admin... ain't nobody steppin to The MF Vekked.Vajra's crew? more like Vaginas crew, Dini's jus anotha faggot stepping stone between Vekked and the WSTC title...

p.s. I'm prolly out first round, w00t w00t :((

Guest loop skywalker

for a fee hahaha

no...the entries for the qualifiers were for wstc use only ...this way the sets can be used again in the final group stages.

Skunkboy will be reppin the uk now in group 5 as irie has had to pull out due to gigs and recording commitments.

i havent heard much about this battle...

does this title have much cred???

what are the prizes???

its kinda weird cuz i thought battling was all about be there for the moment and intimitating djs blah blah, doesnt the whole online thing pretty much wipe out the whole element of "battling"???

stage presense, diss's etc?

Guest Vekked

what are the prizes???

its kinda weird cuz i thought battling was all about be there for the moment and intimitating djs blah blah, doesnt the whole online thing pretty much wipe out the whole element of "battling"???

does it have cred? well it depends, both merge and vajra hold the previous titles, is that credible?

prizes don't really matter as much as the title really, but it sounds as if loops getting some nice stuff worked out so far...

the thing about online battling is that it's a different take than real battles, there's no nerves when you're at home recording, take after take until you get it right, stage presence doesn't matter, you can look how you want and focus on what you're doing more than pointing and miming, and you can still diss, I don't see how dissing is cancelled out when you're online really... but with this type of battle sound matters a lot more, and those with great stage presence but not so great sounding routines don't do so well, I reckon it's a good switchup and will allow cats to shine that might not show as well in live battles

Skratchworx and slickbeats are partnering with Loop to make the WSTC this year so is that enough cred for you?

what are the prizes???
So far, I've organised Thud product including carts, a Pro X fade and some vinyl. Loop is working on the trophies which should be cool. But it is rather more about the title than the booty.

That's fine for a live battle but the beauty of this is that anyone anywhere on the planet can take part. No need to worry about flying to the UK to take part in the final.

From a quality point of view as well, you don't have to worry about making mistakes, needles skips etc. Indeed - seeing as you know in advance who you're battling, you can tailor your set to destroy your opponent with very targeted disses if that's your style.

Think of it as more of a showcase supremacy battle than a heat of the moment thing. It does add a different dimension to an existing formula.

As for the "wipe out the whole element of battling" comment, if I called you out here and now and said "post a file bitch", that's a battle right? We'd still be battling in my book - the only difference is that we could prepare our sets and take each other out in the best way possible, rather than a spontaneous unprepared way that might not necessarily show our best tricks and techniques. But I do see what you're saying - this is just a different way of battling.

Guest loop skywalker

i think all points are covered there .

Just want to add that the wstc is an official world title organisation,and that i emerge entered the battle in 2003 to show the world that he is not all just about stage presence that its his sound he wanted to respected for as well...and he also lists the wstc as one of his official 5 world titles.

The title is definitly worth more than any prizes...but i dont think the eventual winners will be dissapointed with the prizes so far...i just got to add that i just got the winner a one off dubplate pressing as well...which im dead chuffed about..and the guys at five four clothing are making a custom champion jacket .

And with the entries we have at the minute this is gonna be one of the top battles of the year.

Guest Vekked
pft, nutrider admin? more like n00brider admin... ain't nobody steppin to The MF Vekked.Vajra's crew? more like Vaginas crew, Dini's jus anotha faggot stepping stone between Vekked and the WSTC title...

p.s. I'm prolly out first round, w00t w00t :((

one new asshole for vekked

lol :(