Who's the best all around turntablist?

Guest Vekked

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go ahead and say klever. He really knows how to work the crowd, plus he has some ill ass cuts and a funky style. Also, I'm suprised not as many people mentioned z-trip; he has the best ear for music of all genre's and styles.

MELO D !!!! all round best tablist imo!

CRAZE !!! best battler of all time!

IEMERGE !!! best battler of today!

DSTYLES !!! best scratcher in the fucking universe!

QBERT !!! best tech scratcher, not necessarily the best flow though!

JROCC & ZTRIP !!! best party rockers!

Having seen sets by most of the peeps mentioned and then seeing the sets at DJs for Life I'd have to make a slightly controversial choice and say best all-rounder is, for me, Quest.

There were some amazing sets at D4L - D-Styles's cutting, drumming and other tech stuff was outstanding, Rob Swift was as polished as something very shiny, Steve Dee and Jazzy Jay rock a crowd like no others. But Quest had everything and he blew me away. He's certainly the most slept on of the legends who created this whole scene imho...

I wouldn't call Z-Trip a good all rounder. He's not really known for his juggling and scratching skills.

I hope you're having a laugh, Steve!! I saw the title of this thread and instantly thought Z-trip.

Also: Radar. Surprised nobody mentioned him. Sick at cutting and juggling, but can also turn out a tight mix and some first-rate loopstation sets.

all rounder...

its like cricket...

are you good with the bat,ball & in the field...

lets break it down into all parts...

scratching

juggling

digging

stage presence

beats

battle

any more style you can think of...

i'll still go for j rocc...

I wouldn't call Z-Trip a good all rounder. He's not really known for his juggling and scratching skills.

I hope you're having a laugh, Steve!! I saw the title of this thread and instantly thought Z-trip.

Z-Trip is known for his juggling, scratching and battling abilities? I don't think so. He's a great mix/party DJ, but that doesn't make him a good all rounder.

Z-Trip is known for his juggling, scratching and battling abilities? I don't think so. He's a great mix/party DJ, but that doesn't make him a good all rounder.

Okay, to be fair I've reconsidered this one, seeing as the thread is specifically about turntablists who are all rounders, not DJ's. I think an all round DJ is something quite different to an all round 'tablist. Sorry... although I'd still say Z is a pretty rounded 'tablist, you could have a point.

Im going with A-Trak, D-Styles, and Mike Boo. Hmm I dont want to , but I am going to toss in Craze too.

They all seem to have skills at song writing, scratching, mixing, and battling.

A-Trak I guess as the most all around.

I'd have to say Kid Koala... then for second, a tie betwean any of the triple threat DJs and any of the allies.... (craze then shortkut if I had to pick)

...but my favorite DJ is probably either J-Rocc or Evil D....

Edited by djdiggla

Im going with A-Trak, D-Styles, and Mike Boo. Hmm I dont want to , but I am going to toss in Craze too.

They all seem to have skills at song writing, scratching, mixing, and battling.

A-Trak I guess as the most all around.

i've never heard d-styles do anything but scratch, apart from that inspiration information mix he did.

never heard him juggle, craze is much more well rounded imo