DV combo generator?

Jon

I just had a scratch session with a friend and it became very clear that I rely a lot on using the same combos and patterns when scratching and I end up falling into comfort zones a lot, maintaining my flow but often repeating patterns and as a result lacking variety.

He showed me a range of ways of using scratching techniques i'm currently comfortable with but in new patterns and combos. I've found this very useful and it reminded me of the combo generator that was on the forum a few years back. I never downloaded it and wanted to know if it is still available. Can i download it from anywhere? Was it available for mac?

Cheers

Rustilicious

I have it installed on my computer but not sure if I have the setup files. I think Sideshow created it so maybe set him a PM, if you get it upload it somewhere and I'll put it somewhere on the site permenantly.

Here you go: -

http://rapidshare.com/files/106100226/Comb...Sample_Sets.zip

The zip file contains the main install, plus mine and Ian's sample sets. I can't remember if there was more than one version of the main combo generator (I have a feeling there was), plus I have no idea which version this is, but it's all I could find.

Screen shot: -

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/1208/combogenyb3.jpg

I just had a scratch session with a friend and it became very clear that I rely a lot on using the same combos and patterns when scratching and I end up falling into comfort zones a lot, maintaining my flow but often repeating patterns and as a result lacking variety.

He showed me a range of ways of using scratching techniques i'm currently comfortable with but in new patterns and combos. I've found this very useful and it reminded me of the combo generator that was on the forum a few years back. I never downloaded it and wanted to know if it is still available. Can i download it from anywhere? Was it available for mac?

Cheers

Rustilicious

Easy man. Truthfully I don't really think a combo generator would help that much. It's more just about using your own funk to find new variations of your current techniques.

Sall aboot the gaps : )

Thanks for the post Steve! Was there just a windows version?

Easy man. Truthfully I don't really think a combo generator would help that much. It's more just about using your own funk to find new variations of your current techniques.

Sall aboot the gaps : )

true true, I've been focusing on that a lot since tuesday, that session really helped. I've been cutting about 3 hours a day since and downloaded some loopers to practice with. I thought the combo generator might open up some new ideas for ordering scratches, e.g. tear crab drag, then i'd take that and develop it using my own initiative and feeling rather than just trying to imitate the program if you know what i mean.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...