MPA's next target - lyrics & song score sites

Steve

The latest offense in the music industry's copyright war has been launched by the Music Publishers' Association, which represents U.S. sheet music companies. According to a BBC story, beginning next year the MPA plans to take legal action against Web sites that offer unlicensed song score and lyrics.

MPA president Lauren Keiser apparently doesn't want to stop at fining offenders. If authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective," he said, according to the story.

http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-5989774.html

those fuckheads, whats the harm in reading lyrics and putting down sheet music. Well maybe the sheet music but... fuckheads, the demise of our society is money. Sooner or later companies will charge you for breathing there air.

Is publishing lyrics to a song on a website copyright infringement or is it covered under fair use rights? Nobody is profiting or losing out by publishing them are they? I really don't understand this at all. You're probably right alk, one day you'll be walking down the street humming a song and next minute an MPA representative will leap from a nearby tree demanding you pay royalties.

• 2 weeks later...
Is publishing lyrics to a song on a website copyright infringement or is it covered under fair use rights? Nobody is profiting or losing out by publishing them are they? I really don't understand this at all. You're probably right alk, one day you'll be walking down the street humming a song and next minute an MPA representative will leap from a nearby tree demanding you pay royalties.

Actually thats already illegal. Unfortunately i don't have a source.

This is fucking rediculus. It just makes me want to pirate more.