Should i get an RC-20XL

bruxism

well, i'm thinking of getting one, i like what i've seen done with one.

the one real question i have about it though is what can be done with the extra foot pedals if you get them as well.

I wanna layer drums, then a bassline, then a melody, then do some scratching over the top, or whatever, but then, i wanna be able to take the bassline out for 4 bars, and then drop it back in. Or take the drums out, and then drop them back in.

Is that possible with the Boss pedal if you combine it with the add on pedals?

Cheers

peace out

i had it for a while and i felt limited on it, then again i didnt put as much time into it I started fooling around with ambiloop which is free but u need ur comp which was fine for me but depends on ur situation, also u might want to look into getting a midi footpedal and some software, ableton, ambiloop etc. Just a thought u get a lot more control like that.

yeah, but can i afford a rc50? and are they even available yet?

anyway, the question still remains, can i drop different layers in and out of the mix with the use of the additional foot pedals? anyone really familiar with this machine able to tell me more about it?

you cant drop the drums in then bring them out and then back in like you described unless you have pre recorded and bounced tracks. Overall its a great lil tool. Someone had posted a new Boss Rc20 that had like 5 pedals. It looked nice too.

get the RC50 guys, don't play yourselves!

santas sack is not big enough!

do you know anythign about the rc50 though as I cant find oot aboot it on the boss website only a couple of european sites and that seems unusal for something thats supposedly being launched in febraury......

http://www.hstsales.com/hst_rc50.htm

Watchu know aboot that....don't think you can do layers on it for some reason tho.

could you use one of these to switch layers on an rc-20/xl?

custom boss dual fs-5u pedal

Honestly...if you can get a Electrix Repeater do it....its the best live looper out there and you can do shit live without bending down (pause) to fiddle with buttons and all that.

From what I see on the rc-50 its only 3 banks....I mean, if you can't get anything else get a rc20xl (cause the rc-50 won't be out here for a while.

Or get the only other looper better than the repeater....Ableton live...with a midi pedal.

Oh and...that switch pedal will only switch between phrases you already have recorded on the rc20xl...like phrase 1 to 2 to 3 etc...you can undo but NOT redo layers on that pedal which makes it kinda wack....

...yeah.

How do you use ableton live as a looper? i cant get my head around it. That mobius looper someone posted up here is pretty good, 8 tracks unlimited over dubs, undo/redo and volume/panning on each track, reverse and a few other things. id like to have a go with ableton though so if anyone knows how to use it hit me up.

my rc 20 is dope for sketching shit out... and can even be dope live... but you cant easily drop parts out and put them back in like you want to ... i got pissed with that and bought ableton live 5 with a midi foot controller... now i can do whatever i want.. . shit is limitless... i suggest that

could you use one of these to switch layers on an rc-20/xl?

custom boss dual fs-5u pedal

Honestly...if you can get a Electrix Repeater do it....its the best live looper out there and you can do shit live without bending down (pause) to fiddle with buttons and all that.

From what I see on the rc-50 its only 3 banks....I mean, if you can't get anything else get a rc20xl (cause the rc-50 won't be out here for a while.

Or get the only other looper better than the repeater....Ableton live...with a midi pedal.

Oh and...that switch pedal will only switch between phrases you already have recorded on the rc20xl...like phrase 1 to 2 to 3 etc...you can undo but NOT redo layers on that pedal which makes it kinda wack....

...yeah.

im livin on the breadline and an old rc-20 is all i could afford. got it for off a mate, he hardly used it and he bought it last year brand new.

with that said, its a pretty sick little toy. nice and solid too. ive had it for about 4 days and i love it!