'Greatest Hits' Albums

Chee

There's one thing I really hate, and it's artists who release 'Greatest Hits' albums, that shouldn't be releasing them. Like artists who have only got 2 frickin albums in the first place! I mean, half of the tracks come from their first album, the other half come from their second album. End of. What a wack marketing ploy.

....Like artists who have only got 2 frickin albums in the first place!

who's that then? i cant think of anyone releasing a greatest hits album after only 2 albums.

yeah, greatest hits can be a bit of a rip off though. there's always a couple of great tracks on albums which are not deemed to be the "greatest".

a greatest hits album can always provide a good range of music to a new listener though

....Like artists who have only got 2 frickin albums in the first place!

who's that then? i cant think of anyone releasing a greatest hits album after only 2 albums.

yeah, greatest hits can be a bit of a rip off though. there's always a couple of great tracks on albums which are not deemed to be the "greatest".

a greatest hits album can always provide a good range of music to a new listener though

I think CJ Lewis did it.

Macy Gray has one after 3 albums, and herlatest album ws only relased recently.

What about Wesley Willis? Then again i think the absurdity of his music makes it more acceptable. But I think his greatest hits albums (of which there are several) may have even come out before his other albums.

spice3 girls did after 2 albums..and so did another band (steps or sumthing)

i cant see how cos they aint got any good songs to fill even a greastest hits single

There are some good greatest hits albums. I'd say that Bob Marley, The Police and Madness all have greatest hits albums that are actually much better or the everyday listen than any of their albums are. The Beatles and Jacko have both recently release "#1's" collections, which again are very listenable and in fact provide a brilliant fresh take on their work.

yeh but all of those above have brought out many great albums and you can see the need for greatest hits.

im just waitin for flip and fill to bring out there greatest album (im using the word greatest there in a very broad sense)

in the UK there was a short series of albums in about 1990 called "hard as hell"

all british tracks i think. anyway by volume 3 they must have run out of tracks, because volume 3 has the EXACT SAME TRACKS as volume 2, but in a different order. all new album sleeve, but same tracks!!!

what's sad about it is the tracks on it are good. old demon boyz and hijack stuff. shameful marketing though.