Just Flow'n

FlipFlop

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/djflipflopmusic.htm

"flow'n practice"

nothing to special..i havent recorded in quite a while. kinda repatative,nothing to knew though that i put into it...work has held me back from practice for a while.makes me to tired to even get on the tables...i end up practicing how to take a nap and eat dinner and go back to work ha.although it will be paying for some new PDX's and a pair of M-Audio BX8 monitors :-D and NEW COMPUTER woo whoo! anyways...peep it and let me know waht you think....lots of fuck ups but oh well,pracitce makes perfect.

Thats weak and you need practice...Yeah fuggin Right!

THATS IS OF THE CHAIN! Those cuts kept my attention from top to bottom. I like the style as well. Mad technique and mad style. Show us muafuggas how its done! You got that cut homie.

If you one of thoses people like me that like "what I dont like" comments well...

I wasnt feeling the beat but the cuts made up 4 that.

I would've also liked to have heard you put some slowwer cuts in at parts to break up the timing.

Thats just if I had to say sumpin, and I did.

so how long have u (flip) and dub been scratchin. ive been goin for 2yrs and i know what i want to hear but tryin to reproduce it is another thing. its like hear beathoven then playin liberty X.

you must have put a long time into it.

its great we have som many competaent djs on this board (not 4gettin iexist, gabe and sig) as i learn a lot off you and i assume u learn a lot off each other

nice clip flipflop. personally i couldnt fault it at all

i've been scratching for about 2.5 years too. before that i had belt drive decks, and... well you know.....

so yeah i'd say 2.5 years. it baffles me how flip has managed to get so good in a relatively short time. i can do most of the stuff he can do, but at only half the speed!

one thing i will say though flip, get practicing on some upfader and faderless scratching too. fukkin' ell imagine that then!

I taught myself to cut in the mid 80's using a punch button and a regular turntable hence my techniques sounding kinda old school. I gave up for a good ten years or more and then got proper decks about 2½ years ago and started over learning to cut with a fader.

I like this file Flip btw. I have no idea how people chirp so quickly, but it sounds wicked!

My problem was that because i taught myself to scratch, completely isolated for so long, that I ended up just flowing all the time instead of concentrating on picking up new techniques.

pretty much the same here up until i joined the stanton forum back in february

Edited by Dub-Se7en

My problem was that because i taught myself to scratch, completely isolated for so long, that I ended up just flowing all the time instead of concentrating on picking up new techniques.

pretty much the same here up until i joined the stanton forum back in february

Yeha I been scratchin for 2 years been doing music for around 13. I have only known techniques for about 10 months. The year and a half that I started the whole scratchin thing I didnt even know there were techniques or rights and wrongs. I was having fun inventing! Thanx to the Stanton forum and AP i kinda got a hold of the techniques. Once you get the muscle memory I find techniques were easier to execute. But speed, cleanliness, and creativness are a whole different ball game.

its great we have som many competaent djs on this board (not 4gettin iexist, gabe and sig)  as i learn a lot off you and i assume u learn a lot off each other

:red_smile: :red_smile: ;)

thanks for peepin everyone. much appriciated,and all the good feedback deffinitly keeps me on my feet to do more ish...i gotta PDX commin to me here in the next two weeks!!!

ITS OVER NOW YOU GUYS!!! haha,time for some sketchs!!

thats really nice flipflop...sharp, well timed out...fucking dope man.!!

damn. real tight

film it next time please.. ;)