Most Respected Underground Artists

Guest Vekked

Anyone can be hated on... but if you're talking about independent artists that practically have mainstream notereity....

#1 - Jurassic 5

#2 - DJ Shadow

#3 - Aesop Rock (this is mind boggling to me)

#4 - Atmosphere

#5 - Cut-Chemist/Z-Trip

#6 - Little Brother? (they're technically on a major label now though, so they should be on radio v. soon)

Count Bass D has made some dope shit, the Dwight Spitz LP is off the chain, expecially the track with Eden. I really like his music, but his songs are never more than 2 minutes long so mixing it is difficult

Doom's aliases are King Gheedorah and Vikotr Vaughn. Vik Vaugh n has two albums out and they are both dope. The production is way different from Mm.. Food and almost sounds like operation doomsday type stuff

Edited by Grizzly

Count Bass D has made some dope shit, the Dwight Spitz LP is off the chain, expecially the track with Eden.  I really like his music, but his songs are never more than 2 minutes long so mixing it is difficult

Doom's aliases are King Gheedorah and Vikotr Vaughn.  Vik Vaugh n has two albums out and they are both dope.  The production is way different from Mm.. Food and almost sounds like operation doomsday type stuff

there are 3 Vik Vaughn albums im 99% positive. Doom has a 4th alias that he only uses for Monster Island Czars (i think).. maybe that's king gheedora, but I'm pretty sure its different..

I'm not sure the original question was "who do you like that's independent?" I think it had more to do w/ the general public's attitude toward's independent artists.

there are 3 Vik Vaughn albums im 99% positive.  Doom has a 4th alias that he only uses for Monster Island Czars (i think).. maybe that's king gheedora, but I'm pretty sure its different..

there's only two Viktor Vaughn albums out right now: Vaudeville Villain and Venomous Villain. I don't think Doom's an MC in Monsta Island Czars. He does some beats for em but on the album it's only the other guys like Rodan, Megalon and all... he's credited as King Geedorah tho.

As for Grimm, listen to his first single "So whatcha want nigga?", dopeness. What about "Get Down", "Emotions", "Landslide"? I must admit his two albums are far from that. But the "Scars and memories" compilation that came out a couple months ago is super dope! Most of Grimm's old stuff is on there.

And yes, Vast Aire is killin it too. Can't forget Saafir, Ellay Khule, Ngafsh, Abstract Rude, Busdriver... Project Blowed/Afterlife is killin it! Living Legends is dope too but then again their last albums were far from being fresh...

Count Bass D has made some dope shit, the Dwight Spitz LP is off the chain, expecially the track with Eden.  I really like his music, but his songs are never more than 2 minutes long so mixing it is difficult

Doom's aliases are King Gheedorah and Vikotr Vaughn.  Vik Vaugh n has two albums out and they are both dope.  The production is way different from Mm.. Food and almost sounds like operation doomsday type stuff

there are 3 Vik Vaughn albums im 99% positive. Doom has a 4th alias that he only uses for Monster Island Czars (i think).. maybe that's king gheedora, but I'm pretty sure its different..

I'm not sure the original question was "who do you like that's independent?" I think it had more to do w/ the general public's attitude toward's independent artists.

he aksed which artists people can't hate on. I've never heard of people hating on Count Bass or Vik Vaughn.

I'm not sure the original question was "who do you like that's independent?"  I think it had more to do w/ the general public's attitude toward's independent artists.

yeppers, that's what i mean, i basically want underground artists that i can't really go wrong with... cuz there's a lot of stuff i like and my friends are like 'oh nah, he's got this wack ish, beef with this guy, he ain't real, blah, blah', and for some reason or another, they get hated on a lot... doom's just one of the few that I've barely heard anyone say bad stuff about...

i've just got some ideas running through my head, that's why i've had all these vague underground music posts...

thanks for the replies tho

pz!

MF Grimm shits all over DOOM. Listen to the Kids is so dope... His whole last lp was pretty nice because it was mostly stuff from back when he was about to be huge (for anyone who doesnt know, Grimm was supposed to have an lp coming with production from Rob Swift And Large Pro, and was about to be the first verse on live at the bbq, but then he got shot up by cops so large pro called in nas at the last minute...)

Also dope is J Live, back before he decided that he didnt need quality production to match his quality emceeing. The Best Part Bootleg version was a top 10 hip hop album of all time in my eyes.....