switching normal/hamster

pedostyle

more of a discussion. anyone scratch for a year or 2 as normal/hamster and switch? my fader thumb isnt very articulate and is kinda stiff, so i thought it might be easier to do hamster (use fingers to push against thumb and its just kind of a spring board). or is it better to stick it out and stay the way youve done it?

peace

try it another way for a bit..what can you lose from it, you may find you dont like it as much and change back or you could find it much better

I tried going hamster for the same reason you are thinking of it. However, i found i couldn't transform for shit even though the crabs were incredibly easy. I ended up switching back to normal after figuring out ghost-click flares.

i can do mad fast 3 click crab flares and stabs hamster. but thats it. i cut normal.

dont switch... trust me...

oh but those clicks just get madder and madder mate, i think its worth swithcing every once in a while that you have a cut because it opens you up to new flows. (?)

i dunno if it's worth switching really... I cut for like 2-3 months normal, then switched to hamster and stuck with it... so I can still cut normal a bit, and do some stuff (stabs, transfroms, crabs, 1 flares, chirps) but I dunno... nothing I've found easier than hamster really... I do switch my hand around and crab or transform normal because it has a bit different sound sometimes, but thas about it...

worth a try I reckon, I personally don't see any huge reason to do it, other than when your cuttin on the fly in a show and you maybe hit the reverse switch, it won't phase you so much, I dunno?... I'd go for cutting with the other hand before switching the fader around... cuz it's not really any new coordination with the fader, it's mostly associating different movements with different sounds, like the fader movement does a transform now and vise-versa...

never hurts to try tho

pz!

i can do mad fast 3 click crab flares and stabs hamster. but thats it. i cut normal.

dont switch... trust me...

oh but those clicks just get madder and madder mate, i think its worth swithcing every once in a while that you have a cut because it opens you up to new flows. (?)

yeah i see what you mean, but but it does nothing for me.

if i cut hamster i just go off on a half hour crab flare rampage like some dmc entrant who has only been cutting a few months.

or something