Fingathing

Dub-Se7en

Just been to see these. most impressive, two guys, some kinda mutated electric double bass, 1210, 06pro, faderboard and an MPC. really enjoyed the night, will deffo be going to see them again soon, even bought the album on vinyl! :d

few piccies

chile edit: attached pics to stop stretchin

They played quite a few years ago in Notts before DJ Shadow and were ace. They play in Manchester, mostly at The Roadhouse quite a lot as they're from round here.

As to their albums, although their 2nd album (Superhero Music) has its moments (like The Chase, Don't Turn Around the the title track) and as an overall concept it's brilliant, IMO The Main Event (1st album) is most worth picking up in terms of out and out cool turntablism meets funky double bass-ness. It's probably the simplest of the three albums but also the most hip-hop orientated and head-nod worthy in terms of individual tracks working in a set or whatever.

Fingathing are fucking sic, the first track I ever heard was Head to Head and from then on I was hooked. Went to seen them about a year or 2 back and don't think I've had a better night out since.

yeah fingathing are one of the nicest bands out there when it comes to the whole live turntables thing...

i've got the last 2 LPs (never could find the first one) and they're real ince.. the last one has got some proper bugget out stuff on it...

They're now on ninja tune but used to be on grand central, so basically as someone else said you can find their stuff anywhere, amazon, hmv, your local shop etc... just ask for it.

I've been playing tracks from their albums for the last year so peep the turntable radio archive and you shall find. There's a track on superhero music with peter parker doing some noice drumming.

oh and yeah he entered dmc for a while but then just went with fingathing, which really is much better, ;)

i wanna see them and c-mon and kypski togethre, if i had the cash i'd put it on, cos that would be dopeeeee night.

They played at my uni ball in 2003, heavy stuff. Peter Parker played a dope little dj set too. Funny to here some Quasimoto with trevor nelson or some shit in the next tent. Loved the visuals too. I thought wave twisters looked like a rip! Dunno which came first though...

yea fingathing are amazin live, saw em at adelphi last year in hull.. was talkin to peter parker after too and he was tellin me about comin third place at the uk dmcs in 97 (after prime cuts and i think plus one if i remember rightly) then meetin the bassist sneaky a few weeks later an they been jammin and making beats since.. they came an played down at the adelphi again a few weeks ago but missed em cause i had flu.. well gutted about that