wave editing program for macs

monophonic

you wanna get your hands on Peak for Mac. afaik it's one of the best audio editors you can get for macs, and there's quite a few cracked versions knocking about the web... i dont think i've got my installer for it anymore but i'll look for it if i remember when i get home...

You want Peak 4 (i think, memory's a bit shady rigth now) as 3 was a bit crap. It's great for recording as well, and works with vst plug ins and hardwarre etc...

• 4 weeks later...

RIght now I worked with audiacity for a little while. I really don´t understand why Max is hating on it. I like it! Of course there are better editors but for the fact that its open source it´s really cool.. A lot better than Logic´s editor or Wavelab 3 indeed.

does anybody know/have a simple wave editing program for macs (>10.2)? I´ve to cut all my samples in logic now but that editor isnt the shit. So I´m looking for something like wavelab 3.0.

????

thanks in advance

If your looking for peak... I have 3.2 & I have 4.1... I'm running osx 10.3.9 & peak 4.1 aways crashes so I went back to 3.2 & I love it.... it's works just like it worked when i had 10.2.. perfectly... If your interested let me know..

peak 4.1 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mac sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Windows rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@shawnzilla: thanks for your offer but i run 10.3.9 myself (just downgraded* from 10.4 - logic 6 ain´t running with tiger..)

*@cheeba: install osx 10.3 in 10.4 like a normal program, say "archived installation", wait 30 min, drag and drop the folder with personal settings like bookmarks, you mail ish.. in a specific folder, restart an that is it. not all programs will work immediately, but most. will take 2h with finetuning.

but XP..? bwaahhh